Acrylic has turned to rubber !!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angeldust39

Reaction score
hi guys and gals can you please please please please tell me why my acrylic has turned to rubber, on my nails, i only today got another kind of acrylic liquid for training and never had this problem before, i am doing a lot of models as, as i know practice practice practice, but no matter how long i waited still were rubber i am using the same powder but not liquid could this have something to do with it, all are just basic l & p as not wanting to pay fortune for training but obviously will pay more when pass my course,,,,,:hug:,

thanks debbie xxx:cry:

are you monomer and polymer the same brand? if they are different this could cause this effect?

Is the liquid and powder the same brand ?
if not this is what can happen.

is the liquid turning like jelly at all before you mix it with the powder ?

no they ae different this will be what is wrong the ones i had before were all the same dream and were great but i could not get online to get them again so went to my local salon supplies for basic liquid as ran out as have loads of models and am doing quite well at it but was horrified when seen how this went its like rubber, and wont set i see that it is because now i have different liquid brand and powders
:irked: ill go back tomorrow and get the same powders till i get more of the other brands liquid as i got quite a big bottle today
thanks so so much :hug:

Hiya,

Best thing to do is run us through your prep routine (inc products used)

Then your application routine - and products used - please name the products you are using as in different company products and which order you use them in.....for example..........

Nsi Nail Pure,
Cuticle Away (CND)
NSI Attraction Monomer (Acrylic Liquid - or whichever company acrylic you're using)
NSI Attraction Powder (or whatever powder product you're using)
Tip application,
Prep routine...............

I have not placed any of this in a correct order, just popped them into a list of sorts, just to give you an example of prep products and L&P application.

Until anyone can see what exactly you are doing, it's hard to say your problem is this, or that iykwim!

Fill out your profile and let us all know what systems you are using and what training you have undertaken, which will give all us Geeks a better chance of helping you.

Hiya,

Best thing to do is run us through your prep routine (inc products used)

Then your application routine - and products used - please name the products you are using as in different company products and which order you use them in.....for example..........

Nsi Nail Pure,
Cuticle Away (CND)
NSI Attraction Monomer (Acrylic Liquid - or whichever company acrylic you're using)
NSI Attraction Powder (or whatever powder product you're using)
Tip application,
Prep routine...............

I have not placed any of this in a correct order, just popped them into a list of sorts, just to give you an example of prep products and L&P application.

Until anyone can see what exactly you are doing, it's hard to say your problem is this, or that iykwim!

Fill out your profile and let us all know what systems you are using and what training you have undertaken, which will give all us Geeks a better chance of helping you.

hi rose i normally do gel nails (which i am used to) training with essential nails so i mostly use dream products for that or am going on to le chat or nsi/cnd as reading through the lines on here seems to be very good as well. i am not really on here that much as i am really busy but i have currently started training in acrylics and used dream products as well and had no probs what so ever they were great and because doing models a lot were not costing the earth but i had ran out of liquid and silly me thought hey ill just go to my local salon supplier and get a bottle of cheap mercia liquid thinking it will be ok and eeekkk all went to rubber it will teach me not to stick with those products i know. dont worry once i have finished all my training i will be back on for advice on the best kind to use as i know all on here know best. i guess with me not getting a return off doing nails on models i cant really afford expensive l & p till i can get my certificate and start charging and i wont do that until i know i can do a nice set of nails, hence reason lots of practice (which my models know they are just there for and why i dont charge). thanks for my advice and love you all for it i knew if i came on here id get the best advice and thats what i have received :hug:

Hy

I went to work for a salon (under the condition they ordered Creative) anyway, this salon had Mercia polymer & Millenium monomer!!

They had booked a set of nails in prior to my order being dispatched & this was what I had to use.

Exact same thing happened to me, all 10 nails were of rubber consistency!

Not saying it was any of the brands - but the combining of the 2 brands was evident..

there was no solution other than to soak them off with a "bright red face" :o

My bad... never done it again..

I would say defo stick to the same brand even when training hun :)

HTH

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

I find this happens when my products are too cold. The place I was storing my kit became freezing in the winter and this affected the nails I was doing, almost making it look like gel as I was applying it!
Not sure if this could be a factor in your problem?

Kelly x

Hy

I went to work for a salon (under the condition they ordered Creative) anyway, this salon had Mercia polymer & Millenium monomer!!

They had booked a set of nails in prior to my order being dispatched & this was what I had to use.

Exact same thing happened to me, all 10 nails were of rubber consistency!

Not saying it was any of the brands - but the combining of the 2 brands was evident..

there was no solution other than to soak them off with a "bright red face" :o

My bad... never done it again..

I would say defo stick to the same brand even when training hun :)

HTH

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

hi sahara thanks think this is the problem, as i never had it when i used dream they were great to use, and always were hard after few minutes never had this but as they say live and learn, and i have thanks all so much everyone i totally understand now and you learn something new every day much to my embarressment :o

Hey no worries, you will never have been as embarrassed as i was :o lol

When I was training I just used the same brands (cheap) more for smile lines & my nail trainer.. then when I had the confidence I used the good stuff out of my training kit... (experiemented on friends :evil: )

But its all about learning & its great

Nice Quote
"Beyond the Mountains - There are Mountains again"

Just stick to this site & all the advice of so many great geeks & you will be fine.

Gill
Sahara Nail Spa

HI angeldust,

It's great that you have found out what your problem is likely to be - so that's a movement in the right direction with your training & knowledge.
You must keep coming on to this site and keep asking the questions (having checked the 'search' options first, to see wether it's already been asked).
Don't leave it until you've got your certificate, we are all here to help you and you'll find so much info on here you'll be addicted in no time. Plus, there are a lot of techs on here who have done ES Dream training too.
Good luck with it all!:hug:

Latest posts

Back