Acrylic nail art paint mixed with gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielajessy

Reaction score
HI GIRLS I JUST SEE ON YOUTUBE THAT YOU CAN MIX ACRYLIC NAIL ART PAINT WITH GEL TO DO DESIGNS:rolleyes: DOES ANYONE TRY THIS?

Never tryed it hun sorry.Let me no how you get on.x

some of my winning nail art designs have use this technique.
i find it gives an effect like a tinted glaze and i can get quite delicate effects with it. almost like water colour paintings.

i wouldnt use it to do a full coat of colour, it would be difficult to get even coverage with.

Hi, I tried doing it once.
I mixed blue color with EzFlow gel to make background for these nails Picasa Web Albums - Liliya

when I did a rebalance and made them normal thickness they just cracked :) all "blue" tips.

So, it did weaken the gel. Maybe if you do another ratio it will be better but then you won't get enough color.

Try using pigments.

i find it gives an effect like a tinted glaze and i can get quite delicate effects with it. almost like water colour paintings.

i wouldnt use it to do a full coat of colour, it would be difficult to get even coverage with.

Oooh you'll have to post a pic so I can see what you mean b/c I don't understand what "acrylic nail art paint with gel" means. Is this paint mixed with gel, or painted on top of gel, or in between gel layers???

I did a set of Halloween nails this way. I didn´t have any orange gel so i mixed my clear with paint, a little at a time and the held out great!
You can see them on my Facebook page

Oooh you'll have to post a pic so I can see what you mean b/c I don't understand what "acrylic nail art paint with gel" means. Is this paint mixed with gel, or painted on top of gel, or in between gel layers???
in the video they use clear gel and mix with acrylic paint but first they put the base and after the design put another coat of gel,....

in the video they use clear gel and mix with acrylic paint but first they put the base and after the design put another coat of gel,....
yep, that would make sense

I can understand trying this method to do nail art for a comp etc but I wouldn't risk trying this to do a full set on a client :)

I can understand trying this method to do nail art for a comp etc but I wouldn't risk trying this to do a full set on a client :)

yes i agree. it works fine for the art but i wouldnt use it for structure.

you can see them on my website.
go to gallery and then competition portfolio.
i did the veg ones, the roses and the pansies with the technique.

you can see them on my website.
go to gallery and then competition portfolio.
i did the veg ones, the roses and the pansies with the technique.
your nails designs are great. i wish i can do :cry:

thanks for replly girls:)

oooooooooo would this apply to any nailart paint then
:hug:

im always looking for ideas, some of my clients are really gettting into the nail art stuff and keep asking me to come up with ideas, but im starting to run out of them

oooooooooo would this apply to any nailart paint then
:hug:

im always looking for ideas, some of my clients are really gettting into the nail art stuff and keep asking me to come up with ideas, but im starting to run out of them

anything labled as nail art paint is usually water based acrylic paint so it should work fine.

hi girls i try yesterday to mix acrylic paint with gel and was a bad ideea:cry:in a few sec the gel was separate from acrylic paint and it was a mess.i think the best option is to buy colour gels ........:rolleyes:.thanks to all for replly

Latest posts

Back