Acrylic Nails and polishing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi

I am a newly qualified nail technician and have just set uo my own mobile nail business. I am having a few problems still though with acrylic nails, as anyone got any hints and tips on how to get the acrylic to go smoothly around the cuticle as i keep catching the skin and this is causing lifting and the more i try not to catch the skin the more i catch it. Also when painting nails i also catch the skin around the cuticle (cuticle area is my living nightmare) and when i go to clean the area with nail varnish remove it won't come off. This is getting me down as it is spoiling the overall finished look of my nails. Please if you have any suggestions of tips that might help i would be really gratefull :cry:

Hi, welcome to the site ... There are some really helpful tutorials on here for all your questions... Tutorials - Salon Geek

product application in zone 3 (cuticle area) must be thin....use a small bead and you will find that you should need to work so hard in that area.

HTH

Hi, yeah I would have a read through the tutorials, they are really helpful. When your doing your zone 3, dont have the finger flat, tilt it down, because then if you have the product too wet, it wont leak into the cuticle area. And make sure your not working too wet, if your not, then you should get perfect control when working in zone 3. With your polish, work away from the cuticle and push the polish up towards itand drag back, again with the finger tilted slightly. This is what I do and it works for me. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back