Acrylic nails-making them last longer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dani04

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips or favourite products for making acrylics last longer?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I trained in acrylic but don't do them anymore but I think any system to last longer you need to do a good prep or pep! Also you need to have the apex in the right place. HTH

Thank you I always prep the nails thoroughly, i think i might not be applying enough acrylic tbh :-( but not sure

Thank you I always prep the nails thoroughly, i think i might not be applying enough acrylic tbh :-( but not sure

Mak sure your acrylic isn't to thin or thick it shud be bouncy when patting it down! And for problem clients that can't keep them I double prime especially bitters :) hope this helps xx

Might be an idea to ask your tutor, or book in for a 121 short course? I dont know who you did your training with, but I know at CND its an option. :)

Make sure you work in your 'zones' as they each need to be a different thickness, zone 2 is where you build your apex so that's the only thick one, the other 2 are thinner. DOn't put too much acrylic on but don't use too little either. Have a look on some NSI videos (or whichever system you use) and practice or as Nickie said, get some 1 on 1 training. Hope that helps you :)

Thank you ladies, I was trained at my college I done it as a night course, but the trainer moved to germany :-(. Maybe i should speak to the new trainer :)

Danni, what acrylic system do you use ?

I trained with nfuoh, then started using salon systems which I thought was better but they are always out of stock and i had to borrow from a friend she uses the edge it was horrible but she loves it lol

NFU.oh is far better than salon systems that's for sure,

It is hard to say what will make them last with out knowing what is happening when they are not lasting , are they splitting? Lifting , comming off whole , tips comming off , chipping at the free edge? There are a lot of ways nails can go wrong but when you know what went wrong you will know how to fix it :)

Some tips for making them last

Use good products , use the WHOLE system eg, don't mix diffrent brands monomers and polymers .

Prep
All Cuticle must be removed, or it will cause lifting.

If using tips be sure that they fit properly,

Nails must be sanitized / and dehydrated for this I always use CND scrubfresh no matter what system I'm using.

Your mix ratio must be right , to wet / to dry = nails that go bye bye .

Your bead placement , avoiding the eponychium and side walls , building a good apex and C curve , and making the product flush at the eponychium .

After care and following it. Solar oil as it plasticizes ,

Maintenance at the right time . Don't ignore lifting or brakes.

I have just been trained on acrylics using cuccio, so far have only done 2 sets, I am finding it impossible to get a big bead which is resulting in the nails being quite thin, any advise? X

Thank you for your help. I have been havin a mixture of problems nails coming of as whole being one and nails just popping off

I have found BondAid from OPI to be a great dehydrator for nail prep prior to acrylic application, I would first rough the nail surface all the way to the cuticles with a gentle file, apply two coats of BondAid (let them dry I between coats) and after application and completion of acrylic, use a lift preventer such as Sally Hansens lift preventer, hope this helps xo

Latest posts

Back