Acrylic nails on men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsAqua

Reaction score
Hi All

My clients dad has asked if he could have acrylic nails on, to stop him from biting. He has had a manicure before but didn't like the glossy finish.

What do you think? I have CND Neutral, Sheer Pink or Cool Pink.

I'd like to help this fellow and understand he doesn't want to look like a lady! haha

Suggestions welcome.

u could just do a NNO, short and just take down the length and re-fill as his nails grow. I guess you dont even have to vanish or top coat them so the are not shiny.Or you could put on a matt top coat. I'd use a clear or a natural acrylic as poss. I spose clear would be more natural, let his natural nails show. Depends on thier condition I guess and what he likes. Just trying to think of ways of making them look as natural and 'ungirlie'. Hope u find a good way to do them.:hug:

it should be absolutely fine. just buff the nails at the end (don't use shiner).
I've got a client who plays guitar and I extend his 4 nails:) it was strange first, but now I got used to:green:

I've done this once before. On Geeg's advice I used only pure pink and extended this slightly beyond the free edge. It looked great, very natural.

Just to say if you are doing male manicures, Nubar do a great "male varnish" - it goes on shiny but dries to a perfectly matte colourless finish and it protects the nails. :green:

The title of the thread made me think of this guy who worked at the transit bus stop. He was a regular guy who had a wife, but wore long long acrylic nails, always painted. He said he just really liked them and liked being in touch with his feminine side. lol :)

I've done this once before. On Geeg's advice I used only pure pink and extended this slightly beyond the free edge. It looked great, very natural.

Yes .. this works great as will the Natural powder on some but using the natural will create a soft looking free edge which he may not want. NEVER use any kind of white powder as it really does not suit this kind of individual nor tips if you can avoid it.

Best to just let th nail grow naturally with the one colour overlay and in a few weeks he will see his own natural free edge forming..

Last but not least, you do not need to put any kind of polish on a man ... finish your nails and then use a white block fine side over the whole and the nails will look perfectly natural and with a soft natural sheen not a shine.

Latest posts

Back