Acrylic nails without the drill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I went along to a salon to get my nails done last week and asked for them NOT to use the drill as it completely ruins my nails. I can do them myself fine without a drill but I just cant be bothered. Anyway they refused to do them with a file.
Is this the norm now? Or am I going to the wrong place?
xxx

You're going to the wrong place!!!! I would ring around well-established tech's in your area and ask over the phone how they file and finish..... Then ask if you can go and have 1 nail done to see how they measure up.

Drills are definitley not the only option.

And drills do not always ruin the natural nails either... so follow above advise and if they state using a drill, best to have a nail done, so you can see if they are skilled with their drill...

I use drills... But not on every client it depends on what they have on... If someone requested me not to use it i wouldnt..... The only attachment i like to insist on using is the piece that cleans under the nails and gets dirt out as i think this is a fab attachment xxx

I use drills... But not on every client it depends on what they have on... If someone requested me not to use it i wouldnt..... The only attachment i like to insist on using is the piece that cleans under the nails and gets dirt out as i think this is a fab attachment xxx
I dont use a drill but....... an attachment that cleans under the nail & gets dirt out!! wow that sounds FAB!!!!!!!:green:

Hi hun check this out Drill Bits and Accessories - Nail Systems International(UK)
Its called undernail cleaner bit xxx

Be very careful if you decide to use this drill bit.

Cleaning under the free edge with a drill bit is one of the MAIN causes of Onycholysis; the reason being that it is so easy to break the 'seal' between the hyponychium and the underside of the nail. Once you do this, separation of the nail plate from the nail bed at the free edge is not far away, plus the risk of infection as the seal, that protects against the invasion or infestation of pathogens, has been broken.

Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned nail brush and soap for cleaning under the free edge of the nails.

Yes i should of said Gigi thankyou you need complete training to use any drill bits xxxx

Latest posts

Back