Acrylic problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atlanta

Reaction score
Hi there
I've had a quick look but couldn't find any answers so thought i would post. I have been to a clients house to do a set of Acrylics. All looked fine until i went to file her nails (after applying acrylic) . It appeared as if some of the acrylic was missing in the middle of 6 fingers and her thumb. i apologised and went to place more acrylic on them. It happened again its almost as if the acrylic was disolving on her nail. It's the first time it's ever happened does anyone have any ideas on whether it's something i've done or whether it's something to do with the clients nail etc.
thanks
Stacey

Hi There,
Sorry everyone ! I wondered why I wasn't getting replies to my posts. I forgot to update that i am now qualified etc.
If anyone can help me that'd be great just don't think I'm going to have chance to speak to my educator about it and it has really concerned me.
Thanks
Stacey

Hi, I can't think of anything that will dissolve acrylic other than acetone, was the white too runny so it dripped off? If you've got a practice hand then maybe go and see if it happens again? I'd try and talk to your educator as soon as possible. Xx

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I didn't use any acetone on her and it was a tip and overlay as i'm not competent enough on pink and whites yet.
The acrylic looked fine until I went to use the 150 file it looked shiny in the middle of the nail plate and as soon as I started to file across it was coming off. It did get a bit chilly in her kitchen but other than that I did everything as usual and have never see that before I have had instances where there has been acrylic missing but i have just placed more on and it's been fine.
I'm just a bit worried that it'll happen again and I have a set to do this afternoon.
Stacey

Sounds like it wasn't completely hardened when you started filing it. Are you working your beads a little on the wet side?

It sounds like you mix ratio is way out..working far too wet. which means when you come to filing, your acrylic hasn't set and your filing it away!

You need to practice getting a nice bouncy bead, which product are you using?

Thanks once again for your replies.
Have spoken to an educator @Entity and he believes because the room was cold I hadn't given the acrylic enough time to set before I tried to file it. Have been told to do the tap test first.

Another Question if I may
What would you do I've had a phone call from her friend asking for a full refund as good will. I have refused this as I had arranged to go back on Saturday to redo them but then she had text last night to ask for kooky putting over the

Thanks once again for your replies.
Have spoken to an educator @Entity and he believes because the room was cold I hadn't given the acrylic enough time to set before I tried to file it. Have been told to do the tap test first.

Another Question if I may
What would you do I've had a phone call from her friend asking for a full refund as good will. I have refused this as I had arranged to go back on Saturday to redo them but then she had text last night to ask for kooky putting over the

don't think you finished your post but one thing I would be saying is that 'I will talk to/deal with you, not your friend!' What a cheek!!:rolleyes:

Hi
Sorry I didn't finish the post. The client wanted me to put kooky over the top for her. I was told by the friend that my client didn't want to ring me as she didn't want to upset me. I wouldn't have been upset I would have just told her the same that I was willing to sort them
Out. I messaged my client and she replied that she didn't want me to call back as her friend was going to do them and do nail art.(that was what she had originally wanted a set of acrylics with ladybird nail art. When I told her I couldn't do nail art she requested kooky over them but I was already slotting her in and said I wouldn't have time) I wondered why she hadnt asked the said freind to do them in the first place. I did go do the other set of acrylics that afternoon and everything was fine I had the shine on the two index fingers but just allowed plenty of time before filing. Thank you all so much for your help and merry Christmas x

Latest posts

Back