Acrylic sticking in brush

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty By Laura

Reaction score
Why do I keep getting acrylic stuck in my brush?!?!?!? xx

Are your ratios right?

Your product sets in 3 minutes whether it is on the nail or on your brush!

You could be using too wet a mix ratio therefore your bead is not completely leaving the brush as you place it on the nail.
Are you placing the bead and then hesitating before you press it out, or do you just place and then keep going pressing it with your brush?
You really should leave the bead to settle, and if your system requires it you can wipe your brush at this stage before pressing out.

When finished pressing the bead out before you put your brush back into your monomer...wipe it to ensure no product will contaminate your liquid.

When finished always ensure that your brush is clean, by dipping in monomer and wiping it getting it back into shape, before storing away.

Hope this helps.

Your product sets in 3 minutes whether it is on the nail or on your brush!

You could be using too wet a mix ratio therefore your bead is not completely leaving the brush as you place it on the nail.
Are you placing the bead and then hesitating before you press it out, or do you just place and then keep going pressing it with your brush?
You really should leave the bead to settle, and if your system requires it you can wipe your brush at this stage before pressing out.

When finished pressing the bead out before you put your brush back into your monomer...wipe it to ensure no product will contaminate your liquid.

When finished always ensure that your brush is clean, by dipping in monomer and wiping it getting it back into shape, before storing away.

Hope this helps.

Thank you - helpful advice xx

I agree with izzidoll, fab advice there. When I was training I always had product stuck in my brush and it was because I was working too wet... I revised my mix ratio and voila! Brush is perfect after months of use. I also found that working too wet caused more shrinkage, and I had pocket lifting in a couple of clients... Be wary of that. Depending on your system, there are loads of great tutorials lurking about on here so take a little look and practise your beads :) xx

Latest posts

Back