Acrylics drying out, help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppie1

Reaction score
Hi all. Im hoping someone may have some clues as to why my L+P is drying out.

What seems to happen is the clients nails are fine for about 2 appointments then they seem to get a dry patch between the nail and l+p right in the middle behind the white and sometimes out to the edges. I do wipe my brush before i put a smile in and this seems to happen even when i havent wiped around the smile line with my brush.

I also use primer with my ezflow. This has happened with CND and now ezflow?? I really think its me and not the system???

Its really getting me down any ideas???

Hi all. Im hoping someone may have some clues as to why my L+P is drying out.

What seems to happen is the clients nails are fine for about 2 appointments then they seem to get a dry patch between the nail and l+p right in the middle behind the white and sometimes out to the edges. I do wipe my brush before i put a smile in and this seems to happen even when i havent wiped around the smile line with my brush.

I also use primer with my ezflow. This has happened with CND and now ezflow?? I really think its me and not the system???

Its really getting me down any ideas???

Sounds like 'pocket lifting' and it's a sure fire way to get green nails.

It would appear that your apex is not being rebalanced and is ending up in the wrong place after a few 'fills', putting pressure in the wrong place and forcing the nails to 'pop' off in the stress area.

You must replace that apex or work in such a way that there is ALWAYS a central vertical apex (which is what I do).

You have pointed out that the nail is not wet in that area when you do your smiles so the problem must be structure. Got to keep that balance going which is why we don't do 'fills', we rebalance. Keep the structure in mind and get a routine with your brush that makes the right structure for you so you don't have to even think about it; it is automatically there. :hug:

Sounds like 'pocket lifting' and it's a sure fire way to get green nails.

It would appear that your apex is not being rebalanced and is ending up in the wrong place after a few 'fills', putting pressure in the wrong place and forcing the nails to 'pop' off in the stress area.

You must replace that apex or work in such a way that there is ALWAYS a central vertical apex (which is what I do).

You have pointed out that the nail is not wet in that area when you do your smiles so the problem must be structure. Got to keep that balance going which is why we don't do 'fills', we rebalance. Keep the structure in mind and get a routine with your brush that makes the right structure for you so you don't have to even think about it; it is automatically there. :hug:

Wow Geeg I really do learn something new everyday on here from you. Talk about knowledge god you really are clever.

Thanks for all your experience and guess what a more considered rebalance I will be doing from now on lol. :hug: xxxx

Wow Geeg I really do learn something new everyday on here from you. Talk about knowledge god you really are clever.

Thanks for all your experience and guess what a more considered rebalance I will be doing from now on lol. :hug: xxxx

Thanks, I'm glad I've helped .. you might find my book 'nailclass' useful too when it comes to application techniques that will give you that central vertical apex I was talking about.

I've really enjoyed this week here on salongeek.com ... there have been some interesting questions that have given me the opportunity to teach what I know about and love. Seems the geeks have enjoyed learning some new things. I live off that; it's my adrenalin. So thanks for asking :hug:

Thanks that sounds like a plan. will give it a try.

Thanks that sounds like a plan. will give it a try.

The nailclass book is "awesome" I have it on my table at all times!!!

May I also pop a question in along the same lines, can pocket lifting also be caused by using a too dry mix ratio causing skrinkage? Or am I way off the mark?

May I also pop a question in along the same lines, can pocket lifting also be caused by using a too dry mix ratio causing skrinkage? Or am I way off the mark?
No you are not way off the mark, but we would be talking about a very dry ratio ... So dry it would probably set like a rock .. ;). Shrinkage is caused more by too wet than too dry a ratio.

Thankyou, I asked as I had a client the other day that had what looked like pocket lifting on her thumb, i'd never seen it before and wondered if I had my mix off a bit, she did inform me that she had whacked it hard head on mind you. obviously was concerned about bacteria getting in so I replaced it.

Thankyou, I asked as I had a client the other day that had what looked like pocket lifting on her thumb, i'd never seen it before and wondered if I had my mix off a bit, she did inform me that she had whacked it hard head on mind you. obviously was concerned about bacteria getting in so I replaced it.
:green:
A whack head on can do it!

Thought as much :lol: Thanks.

Latest posts

Back