Actiderm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie99

Reaction score
Hi girls looking for a good slimming wrap and have seen actiderm around and results seem good does anyone have an experience of it? X

Hi girls looking for a good slimming wrap and have seen actiderm around and results seem good does anyone have an experience of it? X

Actiderm is not a pro product hun, it's a party plan product and then it's for home use too!

If you're looking for a pro body wrap - look at Shrinking Violet! It's amazing :) just do a little search on here for SV and you'll find lots of threads and you can contact Moosebat who is the distributor.

Let me know if you want anymore info. But I promise you, you will not be disappointed with the product, training or customer support. It's all 5*

xxxx

I offer Shrinking Violet to my clients and they love it. I trained with Joy Watson-Carr who's the preferred trainer for SV so if you want information about training for Shrinking Violet you can contact Joy at [email protected]

Last edited:
Ok great thanks x

I use Bioslimming, love the products and I've had great results!

I use shrinking violet too and trained with joy the product and company are fab! :)

Do you need any professional qualifications to be able to offer Shrinking Violet? I know they were not offering training initially so you had to have a qualification in wrapping of some sort. Now they are offering training what is the requirement to go on a course?:wink2:

Do you need any professional qualifications to be able to offer Shrinking Violet? I know they were not offering training initially so you had to have a qualification in wrapping of some sort. Now they are offering training what is the requirement to go on a course?:wink2:

Sorry, I'm not entirely clear on your question, but the training from Joy Watson-Carr is accredited Shrinking Violet Body Wrap training. Hope that helps.

Moosebat can answer all you shrinking violet questions, if you have a body wrapping certificate you can purchase shrinking violet but I would highly recommend the sv training,well worth it.I am not sure of the entry requirements though :)

I have used Shrinking Violet when it first came out and have been fully trained with Universal Contour Wrap. The question I am asking is that if someone is not wrap trained, what other sort of qualifications will they need to be able to train with Shrinking Violet?

For instance if someone wanted to train in this without any beauty qualification at all would they be able to do it as a stand alone course or as their first venture into beauty? Would they need their A&P at least? The op is not qualified as far as I can see from her profile so technically this thread should be in consumer queries but by the time I saw it there were several replies but none seemed to be aimed at a total newcomer. I am just trying to clarify things.

I know I can contact the company but there is so much on here about Shrinking Violet it would be useful if the information was here as well:wink2:

From what I've read in some threads that a beauty qualification would've required but there are still pror without any beauty qualification training in the sv wraps. It is something that should be clarified a friend of mine called me from Edinburgh recently saying she was thinking of training in shrinking violet and asked for my opinion, which was, you have no beauty qualification at all so I don't think you can train in it, her response it looks easy though.
Another call recent off someone offering actiderm wraps already no beauty qualification or certificate and no insurance asked for info on training in sv I told her to contact the company to which she replied I already have and they said it was fine but could I tell her how easy it was as she wanted to train soon. Just seems to be alot of conflicting information and as a sv therapist I wouldn't be happy to know my client could go and train in it next week without at least a basic beauty qualification with a & p

To clarify;

To use SV you need certification and insurance in body wrapping as it is a very strong solution and ABSOLUTELY trained therapist only. This is checked on 1st order. You cannot register on the site completely until this is verified.

To train in SV. It would depend on which trainer you used. Some require an entry level in beauty. Some hold accredited courses that are designed for the complete beginner as they cover all points/concerns mentioned. It is NOT a product that is "off the shelf" and the A & P/contras etc is vital.

Someone who has only used Actiderm and has no wrap certs will not be supplied.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for that Jane, that explains where the confusion I am hearing has come from. If your trainers are doing things differently then I understand. Thank you for taking the time to clarify :wink2:

You're welcome Sheila :hug: Is a tad confusing as some trainers are authorised to use SV in their training but are their own accredited courses (ie issue their own body wrap certs but have used SV product to train with rather than another brand or type of wrap).

A student has the choice to go on a course with say, "sheilas beauty school" and get a "Sheilas" cert in body wrapping but have trained using SV or they can go on a "Tibby Olivier Shrinking Violet" course and get the manufacturers cert. Depends what they want on their wall !! For example.. you can go on a soak-off gel course and use a brand in training OR you can go on a Harmony or CND specific course.

Last edited:
Just for clarification I am fully qualified in Beauty!!!! Just because my profile isn't all filled in doesn't mean I'm not necessarily trained.

Sorry to go a little off topic, but I'm interested in SV to add onto my treatments I do at the moment. I have no wrap qual but am qualified in tanning, hairdressing, acrylics and waxing. What do I need to do, or who do I need to contact to enable me to offer this in my salon?

Thanks. x

Please PM me your email address and I will see if I can help x

In that case Dixie could you please fill your profile in my darling as it is much easier to answer your questions and causes less confusion. We do ask everyone to fill in their profiles as much as possible and some threads can become quite heated if professionals think that general members of the public are asking and receiving advice on here. :wink2:

I run spa body wrap courses which involves body wraps, masks, etc, my pre-requisite is to have a body massage qualification as that will ensure the student already is trained in body massage AND a+p.

I am also a Shrinking violet approved trainer and I hold the same pre-requisites.

Latest posts

Back