Advanced electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kooky

Reaction score
Hello girlies,

I am really interested in advanced electrolysis for removing red veins/broken capillaries, as i get loads of clients asking how to get rid of them!

Does anyone know a good website that explains it properly, or of any good courses that don't take too long (i live in spain and would have to travel back to england for it)?

Do you have to actually pierce the skin? And would my salon health certificate cover this?

Also i have a client who had veins on her legs removed 15 years ago (seems ages i know) and she wants her legs waxed, but isn't sure if she can after the treatment. I would have thought it was ok after that long but wanted to check just incase,

Any replies grateful, thanks geeks! :green:

Sterex do these courses but I am not sure about whether they do them in Spain. You do put the electrolysis needle through the skin but it is only tiny as you know so it is a small shallow insertion. I know it works best on small areas like the face. On the course they teach you other techniques like mole and wart removal. You have to have been practicing electrolysis for a year. You also need to add these to your insurance and so it costs more. :) www.sterex.com.

Thread veins are a contraindication to waxing but as they are now gone I am not sure, she should contact the place she had this done and ask them what they recommend. I would be interested to hear the answer to this. I guess it may depend if she had the thread veins because her skin is naturally prone to them or because of abuse to the skin.

i dont know about training but i have had them removed from the tops of my shoulders.

it is basically at a high temp so feels uncomfortable and then they veins scab over - if a client picks them they will scar. Mine did not completly go and my tutor told me i would have to have them done a couple of times for them to completly go. To be honest I wouldnt pay to have it done - i am fighting a loosing battle as i suffer fro raynaurds and this is the cause of them - but know lots of people who would.

I think most courses ask for a minimum amount of hours or months training in basic electroylsis before you can do the course.

Again i would recommend sterex

becki x

I am qualified in basic electrolysis and have about 5 years experience, i think you're right bex the sterex course runs for a couple of months about 180 hours i think. I can't seem to find anything that really explains how it works, i'd like to explain things properly to my clients first and if they are still interested i will consider the course. Is it very painful, more so than electrolysis hair removal?

i personally dont think its painful its uncomfortable - like when you put your foot in the bath and its too hot - does that make sense? I have a VERY low pain thresehold (i passed out when i had my tummy pierced and screamed like a baby when i had my ears pierced!)

From my personal experience I would say clients wouldn't mind the uncomfortableness (dont know if thats a word) because they are getting rid of something they dont like. It always makes thing more bearable if you know the results will be good. At college my friends mum came in to have thread veins either side of her nose removed - she said it was just bearable but kept coming back because she was SO pleased with the results.

Its difficult when explaning to clients - some will find it painful some wont - but I would probably say that if someone was apprehensive when you say its uncomfortable then they dont truely want/need it done

Is that any help?

A minute current is applied just underneath the skin surface by tapping a very fine needle along the affected area. The blood vessel is thus cauterized, i.e. destroyed by heat.
The skin is blanched and the red colour disappears, the blood being reabsorbed by the body. The area may feel a little hot a few minutes later. Tinted, medicated ' Sterex Lotion' is applied to the skin to cool it and to promote the healing process. Minute, honey-coloured crusts may form on the skin surface. These are often visible, except on very close inspection. They fall off in about 4 days (face) or 3 weeks (legs), and may leave a pink patch of skin which fades.

It is yes, thanks! I just had a good look on sterex website, thanks weezie this is what it said

Cost of the intensive 2 day course is £638.30 + VAT (£750) and includes a light luncheon, registration, certification, administrative costs and 2 FREE boxes of Sterex OnePiece Needles.

So basically about 2000 euros with flights, hotel and car hire! Quite expensive, will have to reconsider.

At least i have some more info for my clients!

Tapping the needle?! I think i might buy a book!!!

Wow thank you, that spanish place doesn't do it but thanks so much for taking the time to look! The rita roberts course is much cheaper, maybe i will consider. There is an academy in my town but it's the spanish, i'm pretty good but when it comes to electrolysis it might be a bit difficult!

maybe tapping the needle would make more sense in spanish lol!

Latest posts

Back