Advertising on hibu/yell.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orchid11

Reaction score
Hi

I have done a search on this and only a few threads came up and just wondered if any geeks have had recent experience with them.

Been called about paying for an advert on hibu and told all it frills etc that it would do for me, bearing in mind I hardly ever pay for advertising, I got a bit caught up on the phone!

Its quite a lot for a years contract, now after thinking it through I am fairly definite that I'm not going to go with it and would rather pay to upgrade my website.

Has anyone had any experience with Hibu, has it actually worked for you? Heard they are very pushy! I've yet to speak with them again although have been called a few times in one day about it.

Thanks

I paid £15/£20 a month for mine and it really worked for me, I found the customer service great and when I wanted to cancel, I told them I lost my job and it wasn't a problem.

Overall good service for me!

I pay £8 per month and signed a contract for a year. It means that I come up on the first page of google even if my actual website isn't so have had quite a few clients find me this way xx

I had a phone call from them yesterday, promising they could get me on the front page of google, however I did say to them, "how can you guarantee this when in my area there are hundreds of beauty salons and I believe you will be contacting all of them". He didn't really have an answer, they also wanted to charge me £24 a month so quite a bit more than you ladies have been quoted, I said i'll think about it but I wasn't convinced.

I had the worst experience ever with yell. Put off for life!!! They are just after one thing.... Money.

Nicola! Xxx

When they say they put you on the front page of google this isn't 100% correct.

They mean they (yell.com) is on the top of google MOST of the time. Not all the time. Then you're paying for a premium feature so when someone clicks the link it brings up the list of you and competitors but with you at the top.

It is what it is.

Shouldn't be more than £100-200 for the year.

When they say they put you on the front page of google this isn't 100% correct.

They mean they (yell.com) is on the top of google MOST of the time. Not all the time. Then you're paying for a premium feature so when someone clicks the link it brings up the list of you and competitors but with you at the top.

It is what it is.

Shouldn't be more than £100-200 for the year.

They told me I would be on the front page of the yell listing, they never guaranteed anything to do with google. It just so happens that my yell listing always appears quite highly on google which gets me more exposure so I'm happy!

They told me I would be on the front page of the yell listing, they never guaranteed anything to do with google. It just so happens that my yell listing always appears quite highly on google which gets me more exposure so I'm happy!

That's good then :)
Just comes down to the competition on your keyword in your area.

I have an ad with them have had nothing from it will not sign up again I had a good sales lady giving my the talk etc

I've had a video done by yell for the past year, and it's done me no harm, infact I think it's helped to get my website right up the top on the first page. But it could be other things that's done that or magic fairy dust :D

I pay around £24 a month to hibu. I get a major percentage of my work from this as im tucked away out of sight at my salon. If anyone googles "beauty salon" or a particular treatment I offer and also searches my area I pop up as one of the first available. It does help that you can add pics, a good description and link to your website too. I'm the only listing in the top 5 to link to my website so that helps. I wouldn't be without hibu.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I pay £10 a month to be at the top of the Yell search. Nearly all of my new clients have found me in this way so it's been great for me.

I've been debating it... They called me and gave me the speel about being top on google etc and I was in 2 minds....I'm in London so not convinced it would work as well for me... There are so many nail bars locally!

I've been debating it... They called me and gave me the speel about being top on google etc and I was in 2 minds....I'm in London so not convinced it would work as well for me... There are so many nail bars locally!

I don't think it would work as well in such a big area.

I had no end of problems with yell refusing to let me cancel, even though I had it in writting I could cancel after 6 months.will never pay for advertising again they are good at pulling you in but have no after service at all.......

I have a contract with them and I hate it. Yes, I do appear on the first page, but it means constant harassment by marketing people, not as they insisted would happen , lots of customers. I cannot wait till the contract ends!

This thread has really put me off them!

My only advertising is with yell.com. I only offer mobile spray tanning. I always come up first when people search spray tan and my area. I get approx 4 calls a week and more during the summer months. I pay 13 a month and I can honestly say I would be lost without it.

My husband works for hibu also but he isn't allowed to deal with my account so I deal with another rep and everyone I have dealt with has been honest and polite etc. Some of the reps can be extremely pushy (I should know, I was one in a previous life) if you stand your ground and tell them what you want and don't want then you will be fine. Nobody can make you do something you don't want to do! X

Sent from my GT-I8190 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on yell.com

I had a sales guy on the phone this morning. I can fully understand what they are offering, but just can't decide if it will bring any business in.
Unfortunately the 3rd place option at £140pa has already gone..so only the second place one is free at £240.pa
If it was £100 I'd be sold! lol

Latest posts

Back