Advertising yourself & getting yourself out there ?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesophie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Im very newly qualified in CND Naturally and Im itching to get out there and start working as a mobile tec, Im so nervous that Im not going to get any clients, my confidence is very low at the minute, and I dont want it to take over so much that I just throw in the towel.

So I really need a plan to get my self advertised, Im going to get some cards sorted out on Vistaprint, but just wondered if there were any other good ideas to advertise me. Id really like to join a group where I could attend school pamper nights but have no idea how to put my name down.
So Id appreciate any advice, thank you so much xx

Sophie x

firstly id say dont even think about advertising and gaining real customers until you are confident. bad word spreads fast so practise like mad before you go out into the real world!

a facebook account is free and fantastic for spreading the word. your not suppose to but i added lots of people ididnt know by searching people in my area. most didnt mind and it gained me a lot of custom. you can also post all your pics for people to see to.

when starting out its a good idea to run a promo offer and advertise this in the paper or a local mag. helps to spread the word

try setting up a free website. theres lots to choose from but i used www.yola.com

the main form of advertising is word of mouth. Do your own nails and show them off and offer to do all your friends and family cheap so they spread the word for all to see.

if your good at what you do then your name will spread in no time. but like i said in the begining, make sure your ready. xx

Im relatively new in the grand scheme of things (less than 6 months) so still growing business, but I can tell you what is working for me.

I printed some business cards and had a website free trial. I gave one client some cards and when she got complimented on her nails she gave them a card. Then that second person gave cards out too and so on. My business is growing by word of mouth only.

My free website trial ran out but I didnt bother renewing it as noone went on the website - but Im still getting new clients. This all literally started with one great set of nails......

However I have only relied on this whilst I am more confident in my abilities as the last poster said (sorry forgot who it was!) if I do a bad set it will also be spread round. Marketing hasnt worked for me unfortunately.

However - getting a phone call saying someone had seen my nails and can they book is the best compliment ever.

Leah

Thank you for responding, love the free website idea, will be looking into that this evening. Also Facebook, didnt think of that and the addded bonus of adding your pics on there for free!
Im practising my shellac on friends at the moment, and waiting for feedback.
Does anyone know how to get a place on School pamper nights? or is it just a case of ringing each local school and asking ??

Sx

Get yourself on yell.com. I have a free listing on there and it's amazing. You can put pictures, offers , link to your FB twitter or website. Most of my business traffic to my website comes from yell.com.

Vicki xx

The website Stall Finder is good for finding pamper eves, but to warn you I am finding that they are very quiet in the Essex area at the mo and I'm not signing up to many now because of it. I do however get a lot of clients from my website, setting that up was the best thing I did!!

Thanks for replying, Stall finder is a new one to me so will google that. Yell.com also sounds great, thanks again girls xx

Latest posts

Back