Advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon h

Reaction score
Hi I have had a gentleman ring me a few times now trying to sell me space on Scoot site. (scoot.co.uk) has anyone heard of this web site and if so is it any good? have you had any work from the site? He said it was £52.00 to advertise for the year.

Yes, I've seen Scoot before, it's a similar idea to Yellow Pages; I've used it for looking up things like garages in the past. Haven't used it for a while to be honest though; most of the time I just use Google now...

Thank you Ruth for replying. :)

Hi,
Ive put an ad on Scoot a couple of weeks ago for free, £52 must be for an upgraded ad. Depends on what kind of ad you want?

I have a free listing on scoot and i had the same call last week, i said no as i have never had a client from advertising on there so far hth

Thanks for replying, I have never heard of them and dont even know how they have got my details.
they have not even spelt my business name correctly so not much good are they let alone what services I provide.

There are loads of free directories out there, you just have to hunt a bit for them. I got my business on about ten of them and got loads of hits. I don't think I've paid for any internet advertising.

There are loads of free directories out there, you just have to hunt a bit for them. quote]

If you type in something like 'beauty salon your town' in the search engine, you will find lots of directories come up.

After time, your website will get listed automatically. Well, I think so anyway. I'm listed (free) on loads of directories & I've never submitted my details to them.

I wouldn't pay to go on anything. I did years ago, before I got a bit more savvy & just wasted my money.

Latest posts

Back