Advice, client wanting to charge her phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having spare chargers for customers is a very good idea though, it's been tested and just gives you piece of mind

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You won't be insured.

It's not being fussy and im not one of the PC Health and Safety brigade I assure you.

Say your client is charging a phone and another clients child touches it and gets shocked or say you have a client next to her who gets hurt if it explodes.

All electrical equipment must be tested. Bringing in a charger without it being tested is irresponsible.

I like how you express that if your salon burns down then it's your fault. Are you really going to be that cool if that happened due to your incompetence? I think not.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is my choice and like I openly stated I take full responsibility for anything that would happen so it has nothing to do with you. How ridiculous to insinuate id risk a child's safety come on seriously. Phones would not be charged near a child out of common sense anyway even if the charger had been pat tested children can still put chargers in their mouth which is so dangerous. they usually get put behind reception, I'm not stupid so there's no need to be rude. If The salon burnt down it wouldn't be ideal but it in my opinion highly unlikely from a supervised phone charger and you do not know me I actually WOULD be that cool if my salon burnt down there's far worse things that could happen in life. I was just trying to lighten the mood and didn't direct this at anyone so there's no need to be rude and overly personal to MY own personal choices in MY salon. Any response you now provide to this will not be responded to as I do not come on here to have silly debates with overly opinionated rude people.

Much as I'd love to be rescued by a couple of gorgeous firemen, I'd unplug it before the salon actually burnt down, lol.

Even if the charger caused a short circuit, its not a major catastrophe.

I wouldnt even think twice... itd be a yes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I don't get why it would be a problem. We offer free wifi, refreshments, magazines, anything to make them feel relaxed and comfortable and want to return. I can imagine the atmosphere would get a bit awkward if you said no!

If I was in need of a charge for my phone and the salon I was attending for a treatment advised me this would not be possible due to ether pat testing or insurance I would be open-mouthed ... once I regained my senses and closed my mouth I would double check I had understood them correctly and if this was still the case I would collect my things and leave.

I would say yes too. I work mobile so it's not a problem but sometimes I have clients in my home for dry trims or hair up and I just plug their charger in without a second thought. I can't let them use the wifi because in all my wisdom I changed the password and lost the piece of paper I wrote it on lol. But I suppose it's different in some way because they are in my home?

This is my choice and like I openly stated I take full responsibility for anything that would happen so it has nothing to do with you. How ridiculous to insinuate id risk a child's safety come on seriously. Phones would not be charged near a child out of common sense anyway even if the charger had been pat tested children can still put chargers in their mouth which is so dangerous. they usually get put behind reception, I'm not stupid so there's no need to be rude. If The salon burnt down it wouldn't be ideal but it in my opinion highly unlikely from a supervised phone charger and you do not know me I actually WOULD be that cool if my salon burnt down there's far worse things that could happen in life. I was just trying to lighten the mood and didn't direct this at anyone so there's no need to be rude and overly personal to MY own personal choices in MY salon. Any response you now provide to this will not be responded to as I do not come on here to have silly debates with overly opinionated rude people.

For goodness sake!

Get over yourself. No need to be so high and mighty. I was only pointing out the facts. No need to start being so bitchy.

I will if they use my chargers....

I don't like them to use their own ones though as I don't know their condition.
I keep apple std, apple lightening, mini and micro USB chargers here :)

yes!

lol I hate all this pc gone mad in the world stuff

a bit of common sense and good customer service tells you that on the whole people are not coming with chargers intending to blow up your salon!!!!!1

lmao honestly im sitting here laughing this is so ridiculous

yes!

lol I hate all this pc gone mad in the world stuff

a bit of common sense and good customer service tells you that on the whole people are not coming with chargers intending to blow up your salon!!!!!1

lmao honestly im sitting here laughing this is so ridiculous

Agreed !! Never in my life have I come across a profession that is so obsessed with insurance.

It is the stock answer to everything. 'Have you phoned your insurance?' 'Check with your insurance' 'your insurance won't cover you'.

Having worked both in the medical and education fields I have never heard those phrases said once !

Of course you would let your client charge their phone. If I was in a salon that refused to allow me to plug my phone in, I would think they were odd as two left feet, and I wouldn't go back.

Having read many threads on here over the years, I sometimes feel there is a professional one upmanship. It has been quite evident in some of the threads about sanitising, sterilising and disinfecting everything that will ever come into contact with a client. As a sensible pro pointed out, we're not carrying out open heart surgery. I think the same here. How professional can I be?

I just think how human can I be and agree with the comments that if I was refused a request to charge my phone, I'd leave. We go out of our way to give our clients a great treatment. The least I can do is charge their phone at the same time!

Vic x

Sent from my SM-N910F using SalonGeek mobile app

I totally agree with the last 2 comments.
I can't believe the constant referals to insurance. .. then i wondered if here in Australia, if our insurance is a lot more relaxed?
There would be nobody running any businesses because people would be too scared do do anything!

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

Ok make that last 3 comments. ...

Sent from my SM-N915G using SalonGeek mobile app

I would be inclined to say yes but keep an eye on it. We allow it in my salon and do keep an eye on them...

But from a client point of view, I would never have asked to charge my phone when I was a client only! X

Just on the other foot. I went to get my hair done at a salon yesterday, they are very friendly and everyone knows everyone kinda thing.

Anyway one of the nail technicians needed to charge her phone but had forgot to bring her charger so asked if anyone had one she could borrow. I had mine in my bag so she borrowed it to charge her phone

I really don't see the problem. Yes it "could" be a potential hazard. But then so isn't everything else?

Agreed !! Never in my life have I come across a profession that is so obsessed with insurance.

It is the stock answer to everything. 'Have you phoned your insurance?' 'Check with your insurance' 'your insurance won't cover you'.

Having worked both in the medical and education fields I have never heard those phrases said once !

Of course you would let your client charge their phone. If I was in a salon that refused to allow me to plug my phone in, I would think they were odd as two left feet, and I wouldn't go back.

agree! its not healthy to work from such a negative limiting base of insurance/ health and safety obsession

Haha! Sorry have I stumbled onto a different site? You know full well on SG you can't cure gel without the right lamp, can't mix colour with generic peroxide & can't fit hair without a 'disclaimer' for the fear of 'insurance' it's okay as any problems contact your insurance company, as if they'd put your premiums up for being troublesome eh 😂😂

Ps. Who goes out without a charged fone? Would you charge it up in top shop changing rooms 😆😉

Sent from my SM-T230 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha! Sorry have I stumbled onto a different site? You know full well on SG you can't cure gel without the right lamp, can't mix colour with generic peroxide & can't fit hair without a 'disclaimer' for the fear of 'insurance' it's okay as any problems contact your insurance company, as if they'd put your premiums up for being troublesome eh 😂😂

Ps. Who goes out without a charged fone? Would you charge it up in top shop changing rooms 😆😉

Sent from my SM-T230 using SalonGeek mobile app

Do you own an iPhone? Not the best battery's at all, my old phone used to last a matter of hours and we all know we live in a generation where the world will end if our phones die on us 😂 ️xx

Latest posts

Back