Advice-client wants refund on hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extensiongeek

Reaction score
Hi
I have a client who I fitted a full head of micro loops in a couple of weeks ago. A full consultation was done and all aftercare advice provided. Explained to client that the deposit is non refundable as stated on the consultation form before she signed it. She was happy to go ahead so a week later she returned to my salon for fitting. She was very happy with the extensions when she left and I said as I do to all my clients any problems or questions just ring or txt me. If I have not heard anything from my clients after 2 weeks I always send them a msg asking how there finding the extensions and to book their maintainance app.
To which I received a reply that she had had the extensions taken out 3 days after I fitted them by her own hairdresser as she was finding them uncomfortable when sleeping and said she had a few spots and hairdressers said they weren't fitted properly therefore she would like a refund or will go to Ts. I said that as stated in the aftercare guide you may find them uncomfortable for a week or two. I have concerns about this as no contact was made to inform me of any issues till I contacted them.
Advice please

All the msgs I keep receiving now just say when am I getting a refund

Not sure about the laws there bit as far as I know she hasn't got a leg to stand on. She should have come to you. Not her other hairdresser.

This is what I have tried to explain to the client as she has let someone else advise her that they were installed incorrectly which I believe they weren't. May I also add that the person who has advised this has no hair extensions qualifications

She should have come back to you so you see them and rectify if needed, not let someone else take them out . do not refund, how can you do anything if they not there.. tell her you would have dealt with it if she came bk with them in but not now they're out..

Sent from my A210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
I have a client who I fitted a full head of micro loops in a couple of weeks ago. A full consultation was done and all aftercare advice provided. Explained to client that the deposit is non refundable as stated on the consultation form before she signed it. She was happy to go ahead so a week later she returned to my salon for fitting. She was very happy with the extensions when she left and I said as I do to all my clients any problems or questions just ring or txt me. If I have not heard anything from my clients after 2 weeks I always send them a msg asking how there finding the extensions and to book their maintainance app.
To which I received a reply that she had had the extensions taken out 3 days after I fitted them by her own hairdresser as she was finding them uncomfortable when sleeping and said she had a few spots and hairdressers said they weren't fitted properly therefore she would like a refund or will go to Ts. I said that as stated in the aftercare guide you may find them uncomfortable for a week or two. I have concerns about this as no contact was made to inform me of any issues till I contacted them.
Advice please

Would she have said anything unless you contacted her first? I doubt it very much! She's a chancer. As long as you did a consultation, advised her they may be uncomfortable for up to 14 days, she signed and you have insurance nothing to worry about. She has broken her contract with you by getting someone other than yourself to remove the extensions and there was nothing wrong with the hair or fitting.

I'd message her back saying as stated previously extensions can be tight for up to 14 days, you signed to say you were aware of this and as there is no fault with hair or fitting no refund will be issued.

Then block her

Shes not entilted to a refund as she had someone else remove them. Soon as a client goes else where the contract ends with you and you wont have to issue a refund. At most if she did go back to you as they wasnt fitted properly only the cost of fitting would be refunded and not the hair extensions as there was no problem with the hair itself.

If she had an issue she should have came to you where you could have advised her. Of course the other hair dresser will slag off your work beacuse she is probably upset she came to you instead of her.
I would not refund her.

I have spoken to client again, who still believes she is entitled to a full refund???
I have told her that if she wasn't happy with my work and had problems she should of contacted me first, I have also said I could of then offered her options e.g take them out f.o.c
I've tried to explain it in different terms with her aswell saying for instance you wouldn't buy an outfit from new look and expect a refund without returning to store to show the problem.
I have asked her for written details aswell of the person who took them out as I have been advised to by my insurance as the said hairdresser isn't qualified in extensions therefor should have referred her back to me. The confirmed yesterday that this would automatically void her contract with myself

Latest posts

Back