Advice for tinting patch test

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dannibronzed

Reaction score
I did a eye enhancement course this week which included eyebrow/lash tinting. 2 days before the course I did a patch test on my self which was fine. When I got the course some of the girls there hadn't done a patch test so the trainer did a patch test on everyone on the inside of our elbow. After half hour I looked and mine seemed to be red but I wasn't sure if it was my sleeve that had rubbed so she did another and that was fine. This was Wednesday and I had the eyebrow and lash tint but now both areas of my arm were I had the patch test have gone red, sore and itchy! But my eyes are okay, my brows are slightly itchy but nothing compared to my arms.. I think I've uploaded photo but not sure if I've done it right. Why would my arms flare up so much but not my eyes does anyone know? Any advice would be great. Thanks..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 392
Was a different tint brand used at college?

i was always taught to do a patch test behind the ear?
But agree could a different brand of tint been used at college?

The patch tests done at the college used the same tube of tint on my arm as on my eyes. That's what I'm not understanding, why it flared up on my arms on the patch test but not on my eyes when the same tint was used. Arms have just stopped with the redness and itching 6 days after patch test. :/

The patch tests done at the college used the same tube of tint on my arm as on my eyes. That's what I'm not understanding, why it flared up on my arms on the patch test but not on my eyes when the same tint was used. Arms have just stopped with the redness and itching 6 days after patch test. :/

Probably because it is removed from the eyes after 5 to 10 mins but was left on the skin for ? for the patch test.

Patch tests was left on for 5 mins and then wiped off x

Have you used any skin products on your body but not your face that may have amplified any slight irritations?

E.g. I'm very slightly sensitive to some perfumed body lotions, and to use one doesn't give me any major reaction just the worlds faintest rash and sometime dry skin... but if I had an irritated bit of skin from something rubbing etc. the reaction to that area is more noticeable...

Am I making sense? X

(Also, it may still be a reaction purely to the tint. You said your eyebrows were itchy. On your lashes the tint doesn't touch the skin so you may have avoided irritation there. But if the tint was left on less time or was mixed differently for your brows this could explain the difference in the degree of irritation caused)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back