Advice, ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss_estrelita

Reaction score
Ok so I'm nail technician plus doing individual eyelashes. When I was pregnant with my 2nd kid, I was working at home, got small client list, and I felt like I will get better week by week. But my little one didn't like idea about me working :D she is 10months now and is reall Princess, once she don't like smth, she will show it as best as she can and as loud as possible. So all this time I didn't work. But now again I have this feeling of working at home, getting back my clients, I miss doing nails and eyelashes. But only place where I can do it is in my living room, using portable nail table. And when my daughter is in the same room.
Does anyone have similar situation? Maybe any picture how did you make your working area? So confused and scared coz I feel it's not very professional, but I'm loosing myself being at home just for the kids:(

Hey Hun,

I understand you want to get back to doing something for yourself but I really think it would be very unprofessional.I certainly wouldn't be happy if I went for a treatment and my therapist had children running around...you wouldn't be able to offer a top professional treatment and would possibly keep getting interrupted so long term you may lose clients.

You need to think about health and safety too.

Could you not get someone to help with child minding maybe in another room or something?

Ive been to a lash tech once and she had her 1 yr old in the same room and ive got kids myself but my god i hated having my lashes done!! She started playing up and the lady was rushing and u could tell she was stressing. I never went back x

Maybe advertise yourself as child friendly so other mummies can come and feel welcome to bring thier own? It's difficult to find salons that are children friendly so that might be ideal? I know a lot of my customers (I'm mobile) like me because they don't have to find child care/ keep them entertained while out.

I have to agree with the other 2 ladies here, I like to relax knowing my treatment has 100% undivided attention, it's bad enough having clients children running amok in my salon when I'm trying to do their mum's hair, :confused: it's dangerous, let alone my therapists children running about during my treatment

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hate to be a negative no as well but that would be a nightmare! How well do your little ones sleep? Could you do it in the evenings? Do you have anyone to childmind? You could ask the to look after babs a few hour a week in return of treatments? X

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using SalonGeek mobile app

Take clients when the kids are in bed, or get childcare? Maybe work part time? My little ones is a terror super clingy, mischievous and loud- there's no way I could work with him there, so I pay for childcare 3 days per week and do late night appointments at 7.30pm two days per week, when he's in bed, (he's a good sleeper).

Latest posts

Back