Advice naturally curly hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissful_Beauty

Reaction score
Hi can any one give me some advice on what products to use on naturally curly hair i find I either end up with flat or too soft hair I would like to have definition on my curls and also heathly looking. My hair is corse a little bit on the thick side and frizzy many thanks jan

Have you tried TIGi foxy curls range? Xx

Start with your shampoo and conditioner, curly hair is naturally dry, so it needs moisture to help with the frizz, that’s why when you come into contact with any humidity it turns into a lions Maine haha. I recommend the curls rock by TIGI http://www.amazon.co.uk/TIGI-Catwalk-Curls-Rock-Shampoo/dp/B000FZXGEC/ref=pd_sim_beauty_2 its great stuff, I use it myself. The next step then is drying. If you like crunchy defined curls then a mousse would be great for you, so in that case I would go for the Redken fresh curls mousse, but if you like a more soft looking curls then go for a creamy type product like the TIGI foxy curls as mentioned above. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigi-Bed-Head-Curls-Contour/dp/B001PUQ3NC/ref=pd_sim_beauty_5
Hope I helped :)

I use argan oil serum and leave in conditioner after i have used the conditioner too, these are pretty good, it tames my hair and my daughters (who is more Afro than me)

Start with your shampoo and conditioner, curly hair is naturally dry, so it needs moisture to help with the frizz, that’s why when you come into contact with any humidity it turns into a lions Maine haha. I recommend the curls rock by TIGI http://www.amazon.co.uk/TIGI-Catwalk-Curls-Rock-Shampoo/dp/B000FZXGEC/ref=pd_sim_beauty_2 its great stuff, I use it myself. The next step then is drying. If you like crunchy defined curls then a mousse would be great for you, so in that case I would go for the Redken fresh curls mousse, but if you like a more soft looking curls then go for a creamy type product like the TIGI foxy curls as mentioned above. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigi-Bed-Head-Curls-Contour/dp/B001PUQ3NC/ref=pd_sim_beauty_5
Hope I helped :)
Thank you that's brilliant I'm going to look at the links now l::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin biggrin::biggrin:

From one curly haired to another, I know what you're going through!
I have corkscrew curls and have tried numerous things over the years.
I used to spend stupid amounts of money buying professional products. Whilst some of them did do what I wanted/needed from them, they do exactly the same as (don't laugh!) Boots Curl créme for £1.50 !!!!!
It's a tub of pink gunk (similar texture to the Tigi product recommended) and its a no frills tub.
At £1.50 it's worth a go!!!! Hth

Last edited:
Thank you that's brilliant I'm going to look at the links now l::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin biggrin::biggrin:

No problem :D If you need any more advice ( I have lots on curly hair haha) then PM me anytime! :D

From one curly haired to another, I know what you're going through!
I have corkscrew curls and have tried numerous things over the years.
I used to spend stupid amounts of money buying professional products. Whilst some of them did do what I wanted/needed from them, they do exactly the same as (don't laugh!) Boots Curl créme for £1.50 !!!!!
It's a tub of pink gunk (similar texture to the Tigi product recommended) and its a no frills tub.
At £1.50 it's worth a go!!!! Hth
That's brill thank you, I have a cupboard full of products will give the suggestions on here a go starting with Boots curl crime

Hi can any one give me some advice on what products to use on naturally curly hair i find I either end up with flat or too soft hair I would like to have definition on my curls and also heathly looking. My hair is corse a little bit on the thick side and frizzy many thanks jan

Sexy Hair do a range for curly hair that's lovely :)

Latest posts

Back