Advice needed desperate!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLB

Reaction score
i need help and advice, some of u may b aware of my situation i work full time office based mon-fri 9-5, i work mobile tuesday-fri and work in a salon thursday evening and saturdays i do mobile after the salon on thursday evening and saturdays as im soooo busy mobile, ive not been v busy at all in the salon n its not through lack of me trying!! anyway there is more to this story but ill get on to the main issue my colleague called me this morning asking if i could see to a client she has in first thing through kgb (i refuse to do them myself i find it devalues ur work and skill so much because u get nothing from them) anyway the deal us for mani and
pedi im doung the pedi n my
colleague is going to b in for the mani) anyway shes told me to use the salon owners shellac (looking forward to it as i only use gelish) anyway i get in the salon get the shellac and find it fake CCO!!! im furious! the owner is not in until later ive told my colleague im not using it and that ill use my own gelish onthe client im so mad she must kno its fake she has a cnd app book and a sweet squared rep came in the other week! she has a shellac sticker on the door! she was telling us how she wants to b a salon that ues good products!!! what would u do? im on a 60/40 split i use all my own products this is kgb deal im doing as a favour for the other tech i am not using fake products, i feel so let down!

I wouldn't use it either! Are you gaining anything from working there Lauren? I mean I know it's a salon environment & it's good for confidence but are you picking up anything from the other nail tech , except her fake shellac, its only been a few weeks at that salon but if you are really busy mobile & happy with it do you want to stay in that salon ? You're probably picking up more in the days you shadow your educator iykwim, what do you think? Xxx

i need help and advice, some of u may b aware of my situation i work full time office based mon-fri 9-5, i work mobile tuesday-fri and work in a salon thursday evening and saturdays i do mobile after the salon on thursday evening and saturdays as im soooo busy mobile, ive not been v busy at all in the salon n its not through lack of me trying!! anyway there is more to this story but ill get on to the main issue my colleague called me this morning asking if i could see to a client she has in first thing through kgb (i refuse to do them myself i find it devalues ur work and skill so much because u get nothing from them) anyway the deal us for mani and
pedi im doung the pedi n my
colleague is going to b in for the mani) anyway shes told me to use the salon owners shellac (looking forward to it as i only use gelish) anyway i get in the salon get the shellac and find it fake CCO!!! im furious! the owner is not in until later ive told my colleague im not using it and that ill use my own gelish onthe client im so mad she must kno its fake she has a cnd app book and a sweet squared rep came in the other week! she has a shellac sticker on the door! she was telling us how she wants to b a salon that ues good products!!! what would u do? im on a 60/40 split i use all my own products this is kgb deal im doing as a favour for the other tech i am not using fake products, i feel so let down!

Here is what I would do. Use the products you know for today. Then speak to the salon owner about your concerns and then explain to her that you want her to pay you for using your products because you will not lie to clients about what you are using, you will not commit fraud for her as she is claiming to use one thing and using another and lastly I would tell her that if this is how she means to go on then you will inform Sweet Squared about what she is doing.

It is no good if you KNOW, being namby pamby about informing S2 of fraudulent operators. I feel the same way about informing the authorities if undeserving people are claiming benefits to which they are not entitled .. TELL someone if you know it is going on.

well sharon no im not really gaining anything as the lady who ownd the
salon doesnt do nails only natural the other tech is a bio sculpt tech. i think its personally because she offered me a station straight away and it was the first place i contacted about, im in today n not got anyone at all the other tech uses all legit stuff, like u said its only been a 3 weeks but this whole fake shellac has put me about i dont wanted to b associated with some who claims to provide a service and doesnt! goin to speak to her about it but thinking to wait until the end of the day?

geeg if i have to report to s2 i will its not fair to clients paying for a top notch product and not getting it. its
wrong whats going off but the other tech says she doesnt know if the salon owner knows its fake im sorry but i dont think i believe that for one
minute it clearly states cco as the brand i noticed it straight away!!

Last edited:
well sharon no im not really gaining anything as the lady who ownd the
salon doesnt do nails only natural the other tech is a bio sculpt tech. i think its personally because she offered me a station straight away and it was the first place i contacted about, im in today n not got anyone at all the other tech uses all legit stuff, like u said its only been a 3 weeks but this whole fake shellac has put me about i dont wanted to b associated with some who claims to provide a service and doesnt! goin to speak to her about it but thinking to wait until the end of the day?

geeg if i have to report to s2 i will its not fair to clients paying for a top notch product and not getting it. its
wrong whats going off but the other tech says she doesnt know if the salon owner knows its fake im sorry but i dont think i believe that for one
minute it clearly states cco as the brand i noticed it straight away!!

If it doesn't say CND and it wasn't bought from a legitimate supplier in the UK then it is fake. She knows. Everyone knows when they are going through the back door. Report her.

To be fair if the salon owner knows nothing about nails she maybe genuinely bought the cco thinking she was just getting a better deal & didn't realise it's fake.
But as you say you don't want to be associated with fake products, definately say to her about it though just tell the customer the cco is being sent back because it's faulty, you dont want to say anything before you ask the salon owner about it, hope it all goes well xx

To be fair if the salon owner knows nothing about nails she maybe genuinely bought the cco thinking she was just getting a better deal & didn't realise it's fake.
But as you say you don't want to be associated with fake products, definately say to her about it though just tell the customer the cco is being sent back because it's faulty, you dont want to say anything before you ask the salon owner about it, hope it all goes well xx

Sorry I don't buy that at all having read the original post.

she must know its fake she has a CND appt book and a Sweet Squared rep came in the other week! she has a Shellac sticker on the door! She was telling us how she wants to b a salon that ues good products!!!

Ahh true wasn't thinking about the window stickers & advertising it to be fair, so she probably does know its fake. x

well im going to speak to her at the end of the day im ensuring the cco doesnt get used the other tech says she wont b using it either.

thanku for both ur advice sharon and gigi ill keep u posted on what happens. x

you will not commit fraud for her as she is claiming to use one thing and using another

Absolutely. She is asking you to break the law. What employer would do that?

well ive just quit!! she wound me up when i brought it up she started smiling and giggling then i said its fake shellac as the same brand do a fake gelish too, she was like oh is it and i was thinking well u smiled so yeah u know it is!! i was like if someone has a reaction to it ur insurance will want to see the products then ur insurance is void she then said ive never had anyone have a reaction to it i said thats not the point someone could she was like well i dont advertise it i was like the door sticker says u do and the website does! i just took opportunity to say mobile work is alot more n the salon is losing me money. im not bothered bout her giving me money for the gelish treatment as long as i know the customer got real products of some sort & i know the bio sculpture was real cos the other tech uses real deal. just glad i dont have to b there now! so upset about my first salon job experience im so passionate about this and to see some one who basically doesnt give a cr*p is so disheartening!!

Oh bloody hell Lauren you ok ? xx its easy for us to say but you are better out of there then hun, will you look for something else or put all your efforts into your mobile business? Hope your ok xx

Aw Hun! That's rubbish you had to be put in that situation but you've done the right thing and u can now move on to bigger and better things with a clear conscience!

I don't think it's rubbish nor do I feel sad for you ... I applaud people with principles and you weren't afraid to say what you thought .. good for you. You'd obviously be better off building your mobile clients into that spot or seeking another salon or best yet .. opening your own and running it your way.

By the way .. did she have the CND UV Lamp? lol

Fair play to you for sticking up for your principles and doing the right thing. You should feel proud of yourself!!

I hope this turns into a real business building decision as you will now have more time to promote your mobile business.

LOL @ Geegs CND lamp comment.

Sam xx

Fair play to you for sticking up for your principles and doing the right thing. You should feel proud of yourself!!

I hope this turns into a real business building decision as you will now have more time to promote your mobile business.

LOL @ Geegs CND lamp comment.

Sam xx

Well it would be funny wouldn't it if she had the right kit and had invested in the CND lamp only to compromise on the quality of the product itself ... what a silly mentality!! Bit arse backwards if you ask me.

I think the fact that there is no one sitting in her chair sums it all up really.

Lauren you did the right thing and it speaks volumes about you, you will do well for yourself I'm sure. xx

I don't really understand how they get away with offering fake shellac. Not just this salon but all over. Can the CND not take action? Stop salons using it? Or perhaps they do . . . if it's reported.

I don't really understand how they get away with offering fake shellac. Not just this salon but all over. Can the CND not take action? Stop salons using it? Or perhaps they do . . . if it's reported.
Blossom, you and others have to realize ... Legal action takes allot of time .. and most of this ****e comes from China ... not so easy to fight against someone in China. Not so easy to litigate against anyone in a country that is not yours. So just trust that CND are doing whatever they can do and remember that every time you or anyone else buys this stuff from ebay sellers or from illegal distributors in your quest to buy cheap, you are helping to perpetuate the problem. (of course I do not mean you personally Blossom)

Latest posts

Back