Advice needed on bleached and then dyed brown hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky2231

Reaction score
In lockdown a client bleached her hair with lightener and 40vol. She then dyed it dark brown. Its around a 5 now with a lot of warmth in some places and has taken differently in other places. She is naturally a base 7. Now she wants to go blonde again. She has booked in for April. When I can see her I will take a cutting to test the hair. I have suggested hi lites moving forward and explained it will be a slow process. How long should she wait until I can put in the hi lites or is this not a good option? Advice is very much needed.

Have you considered using a colour reducer? Presumably the brown isn’t saturated so should remove fairly easily?

Like AcidPerm says a colour reducer is a good place to start...

Wella do colour renew which is a zero damage colour reducer this will give it an overall lighter result but then you would have to counteract the exposed warmth with another colour and then have to it later down the line.

Sometimes I like to keep it simple when transitionng colours and especially with the most recent history of your client going blonde to dark and wanting to go back to blonde again. I wouldn't use colour remover in this instance because like I said above you will most likely have to counteract the colour that has been exposed after the colour reducer is used. Its too much faff and unnecessary chemical processes for this particular client in my opinion. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best process.

You could do highlights straight away as long as the condition is up to it. Use a bond protector such as olaplex and also think about mixing a weaker bleach for mid lengths and ends etc.

Once you have done your strand test you will have a much better idea what can be achieved etc.

Thank you both so much. Yes your right I will do the strand test first and then probably be back on this website.!

Latest posts

Back