Advice needed please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallandcute

Reaction score
Hey geeks

Im in need of some help. I started a new sales job on 17th feb and got paid two weeks wages on thursday. Now i pay rent to my mum for my bed and board which i have no issue with. This morning on my way out to walk the dogs she says to me that she expects to see my wage slips and check that i am earning what i say im earning. I dont have my way slip but i told her i had been paid 100 as it works out i earn 50 pounds a day and the first three days of your work go into your third pay cheque.

In fairness i had been paid two weeks work but i have credit card bills etc thwt need paying and it was only on the thurs morning that we were told that we would be getting the two weeks due to the fact they didnt think it was fair that we would have 100 pounds to live off for the month. I paid my quater wage which i always do to my mum on pay day and told her hoe much i got. Shes not happy and is now demanding that i show her every pay slip so she csn decide how much i should pay her each month!

What should i do? Legally i dont have to show her anything and offered to show her my contract which shows my salary and when i get paid. Also her oh thinks she earns more then she says and is trying to take money and hide it from us thus making us pay the bills. This is not the first time as she used to screw my dad over for money too. Im trying to save up to move but
I cant do that when she is demanding so much money from me. When i was at college and worked part time she took three quaters of my pay then.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow! No u don't have to legally show her anything, she doesn't need to know how much u earn, it is upto if u want to tell her, can't u just agree on a set amount for board and leave it at that? Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey geeks

Im in need of some help. I started a new sales job on 17th feb and got paid two weeks wages on thursday. Now i pay rent to my mum for my bed and board which i have no issue with. This morning on my way out to walk the dogs she says to me that she expects to see my wage slips and check that i am earning what i say im earning. I dont have my way slip but i told her i had been paid 100 as it works out i earn 50 pounds a day and the first three days of your work go into your third pay cheque.

In fairness i had been paid two weeks work but i have credit card bills etc thwt need paying and it was only on the thurs morning that we were told that we would be getting the two weeks due to the fact they didnt think it was fair that we would have 100 pounds to live off for the month. I paid my quater wage which i always do to my mum on pay day and told her hoe much i got. Shes not happy and is now demanding that i show her every pay slip so she csn decide how much i should pay her each month!

What should i do? Legally i dont have to show her anything and offered to show her my contract which shows my salary and when i get paid. Also her oh thinks she earns more then she says and is trying to take money and hide it from us thus making us pay the bills. This is not the first time as she used to screw my dad over for money too. Im trying to save up to move but
I cant do that when she is demanding so much money from me. When i was at college and worked part time she took three quaters of my pay then.

How old r u?????

It shouldn't matter how much you earn, you should pay a set amount in my opinion, you wouldn't rent a flat from an estate agent and the rent change every month depending on how much you earn and three quarters of your wage is ridiculous!

What is she gonna do if you don't show her the payslips? Throw you out?

I'm to soft I couldn't charge my children rent.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm to soft I couldn't charge my children rent.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to pay £30 a week on a Friday and my mum would give me it back every Monday without fail, i said what's the point of me paying it? And she said to keep ya dad happy,lol

Aww just like my mum I paid £10 and she used to buy me cds,clothes,makeup, perfume etc!

And she saved it all up and gave me it back when I moved out!

I think charging a nominal amount of rent is fair, I wouldn't take the mick though, and it would probably be way more than the cost of what they actually ate/used etc. But to see a regular amount going out for "lodgings" every week/month is a good thing and is a way of easing into what is to come.

But it should be a set amount, regardless of how much you earn, not a percentage. So the amount you earn should be your business and yours alone.
Has she worked out a figure that she is happy with at all?

I think saving it up and giving back on moving out is a lovely idea, mine are too young yet but I do like that idea xx

Absolutely i have no issue about paying my way in the house both financally and in housework etc but she always feels she is entitled to my money. I have offered to show her my basic salary but its none of her business as to what i get in terms of commision and bonus.

Im 25 so i know it sounds bad still living at home but im not being a brat i get up five/six days a week to go to work i do eleven hour days come home clean and walk dogs etc i even have to get up as and when she wants me to so im not in her way. I get moajed that im not doing enough housework or if i go out with friends that i should be at home doing things for her instead.

I'm guessing she wants/needs your money, so talk about renting a flat with a friend to make her think you may not be there forever. It may make her more grateful for whatever she gets now!

Good luck

Vicki x

I'd tell her; either it's a set amount or cheerio!

Of she asks for a lot more just say you can afford it your trying to move out. She won't throw you out as it seems she would rather still take some money off you then have none at all. You shouldn't have to prove anything it's very unfair ..

Latest posts

Back