Advice needed urgently, please-lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
I've been qualified to do Lash Perfect Semi Perm lashes for a few years now but worked in a salon.

As I'm now setting up on my own I'll need to get the kit etc in, however, there's a course for the Ilash express lashes coming up.

The cost includes the express lash kit. I can book on for February vat free but need to decide before tomorrow...

Should I go for the course learning express lashes and get the kit with that or would I be better using money to buy kit for normal semi perm lashes?

What would you do? Help! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

As your qualified with lash perfect would it not be more suitable to go with them as you will have good experience & product knowledge? Xx

I'd go for what you know. There will be opportunity to build up later. Once you've started on your own, perhaps then you can see if there is demand for express lashes.

Thanks! So would buying a full kit cost a lot or am I better going on the course to get the kit? Also thinking express lashes less time so easier service to make money? X

If you contact lash perfect youll find that a kit also comes with their training price. This would work well because youd get your kit and free training with it which would be good as a refresher anyway :)

I offer express lashes and I don't find them popular at all with the popularity & easiness of strip lashes people don't bother. However lash perfect gets a better/different market. Iv learnt the hard way that trying to save on start up costs doesn't work and you spend more money investing in better products/training.

If you start express lashes your starting from the off with training, marketing, confidence. With little experience. Yet offering lash perfect you can enthuse about how fab it is, how long you've worked with it, the fab results you've had. I personally think it gives clients the confidence of you as a beautician and lash perfect as a product xxx

Thanks again, ladies!

I'll call Lash Perfect today and see what they suggest.

Totally agree with what you've said and glad to hear your feedback on the express lashes, too.

Xx

Hi there I am trained In lash perfect individuals and have just booked onto the course for la la express lashes it cost 199+ VAT and this had the kit included. I feel these are the new craze as a lot of my clients did not like lying for such a long time and it will benefit you in it being a shorter treatment time also.

If you do go for the course it means your adding on a new skill plus getting the kit you need x

I'd go with lash perfect they are a known brand with a great reputation. You can offer express lashes with lash perfect they teach it on the advanced course x

Ooh, excellent. I'll get on the phone to Lash Perfect re the La La express course.

This was my thought about people maybe preferring a quick treatment. Also means I can do more with my time.

I called LP earlier and a starter kit with them would be about the same as ilash express so it's no different.
Xx

I trained in semi permanent with Lash Perfect about 4 years ago and again in 2011 on the advanced course which included express lashes.

I found their training brilliant and although express is very easy to do I still learnt loads on how to improve my treatments on the advanced course.

I have done a few express treatments but full sets of semi permanent lashes is still one of my most popular treatments and I have many regular clients coming for infills.

For me, full semi permanent is much more popular than express.

The kit that came with my training tho I would not say was enough to enable me to carry out the various sets I do and you may find you still need to purchase a fair few pots of lashes.

Please also remember that you don't necessarily have to purchase your lashes from Lash Perfect, there are some good lash suppliers out there that are much more competitive.

H xx

Ah, excellent, thanks.

So the advanced course goes over the semi permanent as well as express and the kit does both too?

I'd have no problems adding to this if I needed more xx

[

Please also remember that you don't necessarily have to purchase your lashes from Lash Perfect, there are some good lash suppliers out there that are much more competitive.

[/QUOTE]

Can I ask which suppliers you'd recommend? Xx

I was told on my initial lash perfect training to go and do my case studies and get some experience then come back for the advance course, it covers a variety of things about building up speed, using different curls and lengths, express lashes, lashing the lower lid. Xxx

Yes Shell -perfect 10 is correct. Lash Perfect will require you to go away and complete your case studies after your initial training.

Im not sure that you need to be qualified for a certain amount of time before they allow you on the advanced course either, best thing is to contact them

[

Can I ask which suppliers you'd recommend? Xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek[/QUOTE]

I buy lashes from a few suppliers, some from lash perfect, some from lash base, secret lashes, the one thing I don't compromise on is my adhesive.

I used Flirties for a long time and got very very good returns and my only complaint was the lid sticking after a few months and then having to decant it into seperate pots which is really annoying.

So I then went back to the new Lash Perfect adhesive, a good adhesive which you buy in packs of 3 smaller bottles but still the bottle has stuck and for me my lashes don't seem to be lasting as well, still quite good, but not quite as good as flirties so think I may be going back to flirties.

H xx

Latest posts

Back