Advice needed x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would do it, it's for a very good cause and what goes around comes around....

I do agree though, that you shouldn't be out of pocket so a contribution towards you materials would be ideal - you are also giving your time and whilst doing so, losing out on potential customers.

To be honest, I don't think anybody would accept a treatment without offering SOMETHING at least... well, I would hope they wouldn't!

Hiya guys thanks for your advice. I rang the lady back today and told her i would doit and i will just do mini mani nail art etc, she also said that each person will give at least £1 contribution (sp) so thats good lol. Plus shes going to put my posters around the places she works for me so hopefully more clients YEYY!!! XXXX thanks geeks i couldnt have decided without you lotxx

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Hiya guys thanks for your advice. I rang the lady back today and told her i would doit and i will just do mini mani nail art etc, she also said that each person will give at least £1 contribution (sp) so thats good lol. Plus shes going to put my posters around the places she works for me so hopefully more clients YEYY!!! XXXX thanks geeks i couldnt have decided without you lotxx

oh great news good luck x

NailsFrmHeaven said:
Do you think ? should i write "tip jar" onit? lol i dont wanna look cheeky lol xxx

Either you are doing it as a contribution of heart or not. Putting a tip jar is cheeky. If you are only going to do mini manis what will that cost you besides a few hours. We have marathons here, cutting hair and mani's and pedis by donation for a local charity. It is good for business and the heart.

salonone said:
Either you are doing it as a contribution of heart or not. Putting a tip jar is cheeky. If you are only going to do mini manis what will that cost you besides a few hours. We have marathons here, cutting hair and mani's and pedis by donation for a local charity. It is good for business and the heart.
Thank you for your reply hunni , i thought it may be a little cheeky :Scared: xxx

I get asked to do a similar thing for a local MIND group. I do get paid, but not much. But I'm not bothered, sometimes it's nice to give to those less fortunate than ourselves ... there but for the grace of God go I. I just do mini manis, but it's funny some of these ladies are really shy to have it done, you almost have to force them! They don't have much confidence or money so i just give them a few hints and tips on how to look after their natural nails. i nearly always get someone saying, fake nails ruin your own nails don't they? So it's a great way to tell them that no it shouldn't if done properly.

My advice would be to do it, like you said just limit it to mini manicures and nail art.
If you wanted to you could send a press release to your local newspaper see if you could drum up some interest.
Write a good story about the women and yourself, you never know they might come down and put an article in your local paper!

i believe in karma and what goes around comes around, plus your boosting these women's self esteems etc, so i think its all good!

take some business cards/ leaflets you never know they may have friends/family etc that can afford the treatments

:Love:
Bag-a-Card said:
My advice would be to do it, like you said just limit it to mini manicures and nail art.
If you wanted to you could send a press release to your local newspaper see if you could drum up some interest.
Write a good story about the women and yourself, you never know they might come down and put an article in your local paper!

i believe in karma and what goes around comes around, plus your boosting these women's self esteems etc, so i think its all good!

take some business cards/ leaflets you never know they may have friends/family etc that can afford the treatments
Great idea hunni but im not alowed to put anything in the papers as some of these women are still "in hiding" from theire ex partners xx:Love:

Im so glad youve got it sorted hun x

NailsFrmHeaven said:

I think you will be repaid tenfold, I believe that what goes around comes around, and you obviously have a kind heart. :Love:

Latest posts

Back