advice needed..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
I have one client who has been with me ding hair extensions for about 6 months.
She is in the media so has to get her hair done very regular and is used to getting what she wants ...after a rocky start we now get on really well
the problem is everytime she books for her maintainence or refit she cancels it via text in the morning of the appointment or very late on the day before. i do her hair personally and go to her so i have to book time out away from my salon
if she has a booking for 10am she will text at 8am to cancel..

what would you do with a client who constantly does this ? but i dont want to be rude etc as she is overall quite nice.

Could you point out nicely that everytime she does this it costs you as you don't get paid if you are not working and last minute two hour voids are impossible to fill.

Some clients just don't get it.

Politely explain that because its continuous, you are losing out on clients who you can't book in at such short notice. Could you maybe offer her to call in the morning that she wants them done, to see if you have any slots? Not sure if that would work for you or not. x

Could you point out nicely that everytime she does this it costs you as you don't get paid if you are not working and last minute two hour voids are impossible to fill.

i tried that last time as asked if she could give me at 24 hours notice minimum. but still happened again.. its so frustrating when people think that were just their anytime always or nothing else to do..

im wondering whether to ask if she can just ring me the day before and if i can do it the next day i will rather then block out my diary all the time..
but not sure how a client would take this as never done that before.

Would you treat someone not in the media with such kid gloves i wonder!!!

I can imagine how intolerant your media muppet would be if you were to treat her with the same disrespect she treats you.

I take it you charge her for this service ( lets face it celebs get soo much free) if so start taking a non refundable deposit so shes the one out of pocket not you. I bet she wont cancel then!!!

yes i charge..i defintely wouldnt do it free although the last person did it free actually..
but i would have to take a small deposit and if she cancels thats it then she loses it i take deposits for refits or for hair etc not for maintenence but im going to have to do it for that also..

the calling before on the morning is also a good idea but not sure how it would work really as i go to her and im always pretty booked up..

thanks

This client has to take responsibility for their actions . I agree charge a deposit for all appointments , so they have ineffect paid for the appointment in advance then if she cancels she loses the deposit. You will have to get het to sign something tho as people presume deposits are refundable!:(

Latest posts

Back