Advice on being mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shypurdy81

Reaction score
I feel like I'm burning myself out with physically doing clients and answering all the enquiries I get don't get me wrong I want to be busy but how to I generally remind clients this is my job not my whole life ??

Learn to say no x and decide on your hours- make sure u keep your days off! Keep your phone off or on silent if u don't want to be disturbed say on a sun evening?!

Hi ,didnt want to read and run,although i may not be of help :-/ .I am having similar issues at the moment and am finding myself avoiding following up some clients when they hound me with phone calls.My worst conflict is that i feel torn,i really get to know some of them and i love that yet i think they forget that i have other clients and a life and can be very unflexible with when they want me.I feel so pressured and end up backing off!! Not the most efficient way to run a business i know!
Maybe some set hours,and some guide lines for ourselves to follow when working and following up clients?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well I've decided to stick to only working one day at a weekend or not at all if possible and limiting my evenings to two a week once the kids back to school I don't even care about loosing clients my sanity and family have got to come first and I'm not answering queries after 9pm now lol

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Wow 9 pm ? I find that rude! You need a home life😉 Have you considered giving your clients a business card with your hours on it for phoning/ text . Maybe use email to set up appts?

My advice would be to have your hours set out, turn your phone off after a certain time and make sure you dont get pressured into doing a day when you're not working (this used to happen with a former mobile client of mine, could only ever seem to do Sundays or Bank Holiday Mondays and the woman didnt even work she was a housewife....annoying!!!!).

I work full time in the salon and do mobile so I do one appointment after work Monday, full day Tuesday (which is my day off), one appointment after work Wednesday, nothing after work Thursday cos I work till 8.30pm (only on 2 or three occasions have I done a client after work Thursday), one appointment after work Friday, am willing to do after work Saturday but very rarely do and nothing on Sundays.

This aint a reply it's an essay....wow lol xx

Latest posts

Back