Advice on best hot and warm wax please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dnx

Reaction score
Did my waxing course yesterday in a small group of four - was brilliant; we did both warm and hot wax.

I'm investing in the Spapliance Orb and am looking for the best warm and hot waxes, inc most painless for my 10 yo daughter (underarms), please can you lovely geeks offer some advice.

I've done a search on here and found Perron Rigot and Lycon. Also she's had one session of chocolate hot wax underarms about seven weeks ago and her only slight complaint was that it was very hot!

Thanks in advance x

Did my waxing course yesterday in a small group of four - was brilliant; we did both warm and hot wax.

I'm investing in the Spapliance Orb and am looking for the best warm and hot waxes, inc most painless for my 10 yo daughter (underarms), please can you lovely geeks offer some advice.

I've done a search on here and found Perron Rigot and Lycon. Also she's had one session of chocolate hot wax underarms about seven weeks ago and her only slight complaint was that it was very hot!

Thanks in advance x
There are loads of waxes available out there and its probably best to try some out before you commit to a brand and see which ones work best for you and your clients.

I run the Perron Rigot London Discovery Days and these are a great way to come along and see try before you buy... We have all the range available and the students watch a demo wax and then get to practice on each other (legs, underarms, nostrils etc) to get a feel for the products and see which ones you prefer. They all get a free goodie bag at the end with a sample bag of non strip wax and jasmine oil and blue lotion cleanser. We run these every 6 weeks or so and the dates are listed on the Perron Rigot FB page. In the meantime if you call them up they will send you out some samples.

Good luck and hope it all goes well.

Jack

Well done on your training. Which wax were you taught with? Why are you not using that?

I love the brand Perron Rigot and hot wax is best for underarms but strip wax is great if the hair is fine.

Thank you Jack and Kim; Jack, going to look into the discovery days.

Kim, we used a coconut and white chocolate creamy wax that had the most divine fragrance, another light honey coloured thicker wax of which I preferred the consistency and a hot wax that was light honey coloured; I didn't take note of the names, however, my tutor said they were limited edition from capital wholesalers.

Thanks x

Hi Geeks, need your help with waxing please... I did my training using clean and easy wax, i use the roller system, which is good, however i find it a bit harsh on bikini lines and Brazilians, yesterday at the Uk beauty show i stood and watched a demonstration using Lycon chocolate pot wax, wow what a difference and smelled divine, it was so easy and the lady having her under arms said it was totally painless,spread on with a stick,then instead of having to peel away at the edge, she justs pressed on it and pulled off, i was well impessed, so went to buy some, only to be told that if i wanted to re order i would have to go on their training course.... not happy at spending again but loved the product, is it worth it.... or does anyone know where i can purchase it from without re training with them.

Hi Geeks, need your help with waxing please... I did my training using clean and easy wax, i use the roller system, which is good, however i find it a bit harsh on bikini lines and Brazilians, yesterday at the Uk beauty show i stood and watched a demonstration using Lycon chocolate pot wax, wow what a difference and smelled divine, it was so easy and the lady having her under arms said it was totally painless,spread on with a stick,then instead of having to peel away at the edge, she justs pressed on it and pulled off, i was well impessed, so went to buy some, only to be told that if i wanted to re order i would have to go on their training course.... not happy at spending again but loved the product, is it worth it.... or does anyone know where i can purchase it from without re training with them.
They only sell to people who have not trained with them at the trade shows where you can buy whichever products you want and I dont think you are able to get their wax anywhere else.

There are plenty of really good waxes out there that you don't need to retrain in. :irked:

I had the same issue with Lycon.

You can't buy unless you have paid to train with them.

Having already spent a fair amount on wax training, there is no way I was paying another couple of hundred pounds to train with them so that I could then buy their products. :(

Look into Berodin too. I used to use PR but prefer this now. Joe90 is their rep x

Look into Berodin too. I used to use PR but prefer this now. Joe90 is their rep x
What is it that you prefer? I'm always curious to know and to see how things can be improved.

Thank you Jack and Kim; Jack, going to look into the discovery days.

Kim, we used a coconut and white chocolate creamy wax that had the most divine fragrance, another light honey coloured thicker wax of which I preferred the consistency and a hot wax that was light honey coloured; I didn't take note of the names, however, my tutor said they were limited edition from capital wholesalers.

Thanks x
If you were happy with the waxes, then use what you're comfortable with. You know that I love Perron Rigot but you have to go with what you can afford.

You should never have to re-train to use another wax. Just have a play around with them.

Hi Kim, I've got a demo of Waxperts and the Orb booked for next month.

Would love to try out Perron and Rigot too.

Hi Kim, I've got a demo of Waxperts and the Orb booked for next month.

Would love to try out Perron and Rigot too.
Try them all. Don't be swayed by colour or fragrance as at the end of the day you'll be remembered for how well you waxed your client and not what the wax looked or smelt like.

I use PR and i really like it. I have Berodin too but I haven't used it much. Why do you prefer Berodin?

I find Berodin is more flexible and its slight less expensive gram for gram. Clients prefer it too x

Latest posts

Back