Advice on coming off pill trying for baby

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LabellesHair

Reaction score
Hi been on the injection for a few years then went to pill for last 3 months. Now coming off pill altogether to try for a family! ;) very excited but just want to share your experiences and advice thanks xx

I had been on the pill for around 9 year.

We have agreed to start trying as soon as we got married (june 2012) so i stopped the pill at the start if April so it gave my periods time to get to "normal" we started tryin at the start if July and boom first go we got pregnant.

Wee girl will be 1 at end of the month :)

Xx

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My very close friend came off the pill which she had been on for a few years and she also became pregnant first month after coming off it :) For me it took around 3 months to fall pregnant and i used the cheapie ovulation sticks from Amazon which worked a treat ;) Good luck! x

Exciting time for you.
My experience is we decided I'd stop the pill in January. I had one natural period and then my next one didn't come! I had niggly period type pains so fully expected it to. It's always on time so after two days I took a test and it was positive! I was convinced it'd take months to get out of my system so that's a myth.
Just be prepared that everyone is different. It could take months or it could happen straight away
I used an app called period tracker lite to track my fertile time
Good luck

I think it may take a little Longer as I'm always told the injection can take up to a year to veg out of your body of course it's different with everyone but I think you need to take that into account too x

Hi I came off the injection after being in it for years and years! I got sticks that you wee on two months later.
When the sticks said I was ovulating we went for it;-)
I fell pregnant immediately!! I was suprised as also thought it took years to leave your system!
But obviously not always.
Good luck:) xx

I had the inplant and injections for about 10 years till my hormones went crazy and I turned into the she-devil. I then opted for the copper coil and let my body go back to normal. We had decided early last year we would start trying for a family in December, so I had my coil taken out middle of November. As there were no contraception hormones for my body to be rid of I hoped it would be a quick conception. We have regular sex, especially around the time I should be ovulating, but it's still not happened yet.

I'm not stressing as I know it can take a while. When I explained to my other half the the VERY small window of ovulation and that the egg only lasted 24 hours, he was completely shocked! Lol.

It will happen when it will happen though, just don't get too caught up in worrying why it doesn't happen immediately. Some are obviously more fertile than others ;) lolol

Thanks all do you think I should buy some ovulation test are they expensive ? eBay Any good x

Thanks all do you think I should buy some ovulation test are they expensive ? eBay Any good x

I just got the sticks they weren't expensive.
I think if you get the whole kit it can be.
Got mine from Boots. It helps to know when you ovulate!:)

I was on the pill for 10 years and decided to come off them a year ago. Still no baby yet but have signs that the pill is finally coming out of my system. My best advice is to not buy all the ovulation tests etc and just have fun and do the deed every other day so you won't miss your fertile window. I'm lucky as i get ovulation pains every month so I know when I am most fertile. I am very in tune with my body now lol. I bought ovulation tests and Pregnancy tests and it really stressed me out! X

Latest posts

Back