Advice on packing when flying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I haven't flown for 18 years . . . the rules have changed!!

I don't want to take anything dodgy, lol, just normal girly stuff such as hairspray, make up, deodorant, my asthma inhaler, few meds like paracetamol & ibuprofen, and of course hair products and straighteners.

Can all this be taken and does it all go in the main case?

Any advice welcome, thank you xx

Pretty sure they're all ok to go but do have to go in main suitcase (hold luggage) :) x

Just not allowed liquids over 100ml in your hand luggage x

HairBy Amanda

Just not allowed liquids over 100ml in your hand luggage x

HairBy Amanda

And it all has to be in a clear plastic sandwich type bag. I would check the airlines rules and if you have any doubts, phone them.

ok thanks..... is a hairspray in a pressurised container ok or must I buy a pump dispenser one?

Where are you flying to?

Your airline will have all of it's stipulations on it's website, so it's important that you check with them as some vary. You will be checked going through security at the airport too, so your airport will also have it on their website.

The general rule is no more than 1 litre of fluids in clear bottles of no more than 100 mls per bottle within a clear bag that is a certain size. Anything bigger in volume needs to go in your main bag in the hold. Don't forget that this will include make up that is liquid like mascara or lip gloss or perfume obviously if you want it in your hand luggage.

To save you having to dump anything you really need to check with your airline etc.

MM - Majorca.

So quite a short flight.

Thank you nicole333.

So, quite a performance lol we are so used to throwing everything in th boot of car and driving to France! You are quite right, I need to look carefully at their website. But thanks for the tips xx

If you have a case your checking in just to be on the safe side put everything in there.
If not then u can buy the clear bags at the airport. U can take aerosols through, just as long as under 100ml x

HairBy Amanda

Watch h out for cream products - I was in a security queue where a lady had 2 pots of face cream confiscated (Over 100ml each).

She'd just bought them in the UK specially to take home to Australia and wasn't pleased! Would have been OK in hold luggage.

What I do is just put everything in my main case and keep hand luggage for extra clothing! That way you know you there will be no problems xx

Latest posts

Back