Advice on UV Top Coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi i bought glaze n go and had nothing but problems.

Hi,

Just out of curiosity what problems did you have with the Glaze N' Go? x

Have to say, don't know if others have found this, I have Brisa gel, I went to the professional beauty show and bought Glaze n Go, it is good stuff, nice finish and good price too, but I think the Brisa lamp may be too powerful for it? I have found when I use Glaze n Go with my Brisa lamp it makes the nails feel sore, I think it actually may cure too quickly and thus shrink too much, causing the pain which lasts for a day.

Good product to use with a different lamp, I think? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong! I think it's always best to use the lamp reccommended by your gel's manufacturer.

Hiya I have the IBD jet 5000 Lamp and it cures fine not had a problem with Glaze N go hurting the nails. :confused:

just want to add… you dont NEED the brisa lamp (its insanley overpriced) i cure brisa finishing gloss all the time with a small light elegance lamp and it works great. cnd just wont guarantee their uv products if you dont use the brisa lamp. i certainly wouldnt buy a brisa lamp just for curing the uv top coat.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glaze n go for me too,no sticky residue after.I use it on all my enchancements,not as an extra service.Just wish you could use it on the natural nail though.:rolleyes:

I use IBD Intense Seal and love it. I have the Brisa gels too, but like using Intense Seal from IBD because the nail doesn't have to be buffed or smooth and doesn't have to be wiped off after cured. (no inhibiter) :)

Have to say, don't know if others have found this, I have Brisa gel, I went to the professional beauty show and bought Glaze n Go, it is good stuff, nice finish and good price too, but I think the Brisa lamp may be too powerful for it? I have found when I use Glaze n Go with my Brisa lamp it makes the nails feel sore, I think it actually may cure too quickly and thus shrink too much, causing the pain which lasts for a day.

Good product to use with a different lamp, I think? Please someone correct me if I'm wrong! I think it's always best to use the lamp reccommended by your gel's manufacturer.

I have found if ever this happens the best thing to do before you put your hand fully inside the lamp is to "show" the nails the UV light for around 15 seconds. By "show" I mean hold the nails just outside the lamp (switched on of course! LOL!) this starts the curing process & for me when the hand is fully inside the lamp 15 seconds later there is no "burn". Not a gel geek so this is just something I do for the odd client who always has a problem when I'm using UV topcoat over acrylic.

Works for me!

Glaze n go for me too,no sticky residue after.I use it on all my enchancements,not as an extra service.Just wish you could use it on the natural nail though.:rolleyes:

Wonder why it doesnt work on the natural nail? Star Nails Quattro works on the natural nail and its brill it comes in all different colours. I have a glitter top coat which goes nice over varnish.

just want to add… you dont NEED the brisa lamp (its insanley overpriced) i cure brisa finishing gloss all the time with a small light elegance lamp and it works great. cnd just wont guarantee their uv products if you dont use the brisa lamp. i certainly wouldnt buy a brisa lamp just for curing the uv top coat.
Posted via Mobile Device

I didn't get my Brisa lamp for curing top coat, I got it when I did the cut the cord conversion.

It wasn't overpriced, I thought £1 was a bargain myself:green:

Latest posts

Back