Advice on Wella highlift colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Hi all
This is for myself I've gone from my bright red to now blonde, my current colour is coming out like 12/0 and I'm going to do my roots next time with either 12/81 or 12/89.

Natural base of around 5/0 although I've at least 50% on top! my hair is a short bob with fringe. So my question is as I'm not over familiar with highlift as I've never used it on myself until now.

AfterI've done my roots development for 50mins I've read that you have to add at least 100ml of water to refresh, will refreshing it tone it slightly from the yellow gold 12/0 it currently is? Is it best just to pour 100ml of water over entire head and emulsify or?
any advise from more experienced using highlift users

Do you use 12/0 on it? Sorry I'm not following x

I used 1/2 of 12/0 with half of 12/1 originally ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1415560790.405252.jpg
But it's a bit too yellow still but I don't want it grey, but wondered if using diff shade and putting thro would help it to change tone slightly

Wella your hair has been bleached correct?

You are planing on using 12/ 81 or 12/89 on the newgrowth?

Maybe you should refresh the mids and ends with color touch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

My hair journey long story!
1. Used Elimin8
2. Went salon for bleached highlights and she used another colour which them turned my colour removed ginger shade back to pink
3. Used elimin8 again over it all
4. Then used 12/0 and 12/1 with 9% all over to lift it a bit more
5. Used 12/11 on regrowth but it's a bit grey looking I guess that's because I'm more grey on top anyway.
6...... Asking SALON GEEK for advice. Am thinking of using the pearl cendre rather than the full ash as I don't want grey but still wanted to tone a little bit on the ends that's why I'm asking about putting the colour thro ends for 10 mins

I just don't want it darker or too grey I'm scared of full on toners!! Maybe color touch could help I've got a shade chart any recommendations

I would use a colour touch to tone the ends,they have a really nice glossy finish 2, the tone would probably stay longer.

If you were in my chair I would not tone or refesh with the highlift considering what your hair has been through. I'm also not convinced that highlift is good for 50 white. I think to get a satisfactory result on base five you'd most likely need to bleach and tone with something like illumina 10/36.

What about trying 9/01 it wont go grey in colourtouch

I have to agree with above tho i would bleach then tone so it was less brassy

Thanks for the advice guys, bearing in mind I'm doing my roots and colour myself I thought play safer with highlift rather than the bleach.

Haha in that case, yes dont touch bleach. Good luck :)

12/81 with /81 special mix is probably your best bet.

Might try relights /86. Are you a trained colorist?

No offense intended. Just don't want to break forum rules.

12/81 with /81 special mix is probably your best bet.

Oh and don't put the 12/81 anywhere near your midlengths and ends! I'd deff use ct on them or even colour fresh.

cams, I'm not that new here, the op :)

cams, I'm not that new here, the op :)

Oh🙈 got really confused then!

I agree this is the best solution if your set on highlift.

Latest posts

Back