Advice on Wella highlift colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree this is the best solution if your set on highlift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you're gonna use highlift to tone then you may as well shove a blondor and pastel on in my opinion.

Yes I looked at the delights thought that could be an option. Think I'll try the 12/81 on roots see how it turns out!! Us hairdressers are so finicky with our own hair! It just needs tweaking slightly to the right tone that's all.

12/81 with /81 special mix is probably your best bet.

I hadn't seen this when I ppsted about 86.

Think highlift is best, I maybe a level 6 to be honest I've never had my natural hair for years!! And my regrowth is a bit mixed grey on top now I'm nearly 40!!
I just trust myself better with highlift than bleach. So different when you do other people as I'd probably have used bleach and toned after but for me I'm going with the highlift.

I wasn't asking about using the highlift to tone!
Just to put it thro like you would do using a regular colour as it states just to water it down with at least 100 ml of water

Well though think about it this way, when you pull it through the midlengths and ends, you are using it to tone!

I know that is what the directions say to do, but that would only be for hair that had been lifted from virgin hair with highlift. Yours has been through too much to do that, and two of us are saying, please don't do that! :)

Last edited:
I wasn't asking about using the highlift to tone!
Just to put it thro like you would do using a regular colour as it states just to water it down with at least 100 ml of water

If it you took it in patronising manner I'm sorry, it wasn't intended as that. I was just making sure you knew not to, you'd be surprised how many people on her would tone with a highlift on bleached hair.

Always can get crossed wires on here!!! Thanks guys I'll check out my colour chart the delights or something color touch I'm just scared lol I'll have to do a test piece first see what happens. But def think a 'proper' toner would be better than say a color fresh

Relights not delights.

Always can get crossed wires on here!!! Thanks guys I'll check out my colour chart the delights or something color touch I'm just scared lol I'll have to do a test piece first see what happens. But def think a 'proper' toner would be better than say a color fresh

Colour fresh is a proper toner. In the toning process, we introduce pigments into the hair to neutralise the pigments we don't want, koleston, illumina, colour fresh, colour touch all have pigments in so they'll all work in my experience.

My bad. Im not familiar with the product you used to strip the color.

Maybe I should've said stronger I.e one with peroxide as my hair needs that more I feel rather than just a colorfresh

Maybe I should've said stronger I.e one with peroxide as my hair needs that more I feel rather than just a colorfresh

CT would be best then! How does your hair feel?

My bad. Im not familiar with the product you used to strip the color.

Think it's by Rusk, Affinage do a similar thing aswell. But for me even following the instructions to a T, still went back to my original red colour in parts so in future for me I'd do bleach baths instead.

CT would be best then! How does your hair feel?

Remarkably my hair feels great I've been using a keratin based conditioner since doing it all and had a good trim and it's fine, I gently use straighteners but only wash my hair twice a week. Ive always had fairly strong hair.
Just had a quick look at relights /86 looks good, just got to put it on watch carefully few mins and wash it off.

Remarkably my hair feels great I've been using a keratin based conditioner since doing it all and had a good trim and it's fine, I gently use straighteners but only wash my hair twice a week. Ive always had fairly strong hair.
Just had a quick look at relights /86 looks good, just got to put it on watch carefully few mins and wash it off.

/86 is nice. 10/6 is great too.

Been a while since I've been blonde and last time I had a friend hairdresser do it and it took months to get from my copper I had then to blonde, this time I did it mostly myself so now I'm tweaking to get the perfect blonde I want!!
Gonna give the /86 a go with 1.9% is it? Or better with 4%
Think ill do the regrowth with the pearl cendre highlift can only give it a go its trial an error and as it's just me I'm not overly concerned it can't look too bad

Been a while since I've been blonde and last time I had a friend hairdresser do it and it took months to get from my copper I had then to blonde, this time I did it mostly myself so now I'm tweaking to get the perfect blonde I want!!
Gonna give the /86 a go with 1.9% is it? Or better with 4%
Think ill do the regrowth with the pearl cendre highlift can only give it a go its trial an error and as it's just me I'm not overly concerned it can't look too bad

1.9%. It'll add quite a bit of shine too. Is your hair a definite 10 though and not a 9 cause otherwise you're better using something else?

I'll check again in the daylight but I'm pretty sure it's a yellowy 10 I'd just prefer it less yellow more pearly but not the ash platinum that some have I don't like that

Latest posts

Back