Advice on what to do with these problem nails please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I have a lady that have VERY badly pitted nails (to me it's exactly like Beau lines but she's saying her nails have been this way since she can remember and they grow out but continue to grow in this way) and we have tried a number of things to help get her nails looking nice.

I've come to the conclusion that gels don't work well with her as each gel we have tried has peeled off. Nsi polish pro, Gelish, IBD, even CND Shellac. I've used a builder gel under these and products to smooth out the pitting but it just won't adhere. (Lasts about 5-7days)

The woman I work with did hard gel and she had a reaction to it and her hands swelled up! So I'm not risking any gels again.

She's had l&p with me before and they lasted well but when it came to soaking off she said she didn't like it as it made her fingers sore.

She's booked back in with me today and I'm a little bit at a loss as what to advise. Seems to me that she's got high sensitivity to certain chemicals. I couldn't get a picture of her nails as she "is so ashamed of them" that she prefers I don't take one, which I understand so I found a similar one online. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398848211.589836.jpg

I was thinking of trying the l&p again but am concerned about the soak off?

Can anyone give me some advise please. :hug:

How did you soak of before? Wraps or in bowl with acetone ..

Maybe if you don't use it try CND nourishing remover as less harsh and in wraps if you don't use them, I debulk and wrap takes 20/25 mins to remove CND retention+

I remove as much as I can by filing then use the nourishing remover in a soak off bowl with finger holes. I also apply a cuticle oil first to try and reduce the drying out.

Unless she is allergic/sensitive to acetone there's no reason soaking off shoud make her fingers sore - maybe she had a lot of little cuts etc at the time? or raw bits around the nail from picking? If she uses her solar oil regularly and looks after her cuticles its possible it will be fine next time?

How about IBX

If it were me.
If she wants to keep her natural nails then I would most definitely begin IBX manicures.
If she is looking for immediate cosmetic improvement then I would use LCN Wilde Pedique to reconstruct new nails.
Now this line of gels has been designed for toes, however I have found in these cases where nothing else stays LCN does. Wilde Pedique was created to fill in major gaps and it stays on skin for 3-4 weeks, if there is nail under the gel they last and last.
That would be my course of action.

Cleen Cheeks Spa

I do exactly as Biljana above.

Latest posts

Back