Advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzo

Reaction score
I got a phonecall this morning to ask if I would be interested in taking part in a Ladies Night next week. The event is next Fri in aid of St Andrews hospice. The woman running the event is charging a £10 entry and for that price ladies are being offered a complimentary treatment from the therapists involved and asked if I would be willing to offer my services on the basis it would just be basic file and polish. However,she also said that I can advertise my mobile business and could perhaps offer additional services at charge or give a demonstration of ,for example Minx nails. There will be approx 80-100 ladies at event so it would be an ideal opportunity to attract new clients.

How would I go about this? I wouldn't charge someone for 1 nail demonstration and if its just a basic file and polish should I take a collection of polishes with me or just certain colours and display them on a stand?

I haven't done anything like this before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What if you were to offer a basic file and clear polish free?

Charge for anything extra and donate a percentage of that to the Hospice. That way, people are maybe more likely to "upgrade" if they know it's for the funds, and you're making something too. You could maybe have a Minx demo and hand out money off vouchers if they book Minx nails.

I would be looking at the fabulous networking opportunities and the chance to get your pricelists etc out to all those potential customers. As it's coming up to Christmas, you could also take some gift vouchers to sell. Perahps also donate a more top end product for the raffle if there is one?

(I'm in lanarkshire so know this charity really well).

I hope it is a good night (for you and the Hospice).

xx

I did something like this recently and offered files and polishes for free.

However I wouldn't just use clear polish. These people expect a bit of glamour lol, even if it is for charity! And showing off some colours and your (amazing!) polish technique is more likely to get yo clients out of it.

A tip I picked up from here before I went - don't bring loads of polishes, just a small selection. If you're working to quite strict time slots it's a nightmare if someone takes 10 mins to pick a colour!

I didn't do any other treatments but love Elliebee's idea of doing a demo then taking bookings. Even if Minx isn't their cup of tea, remind them that they might have daughters, nieces, sisters etc who would love to try it and that you do gift vouchers ;) x

Thanks those are brill ideas's!

I'm looking forward to it now not so much in a panic state thank you :green:

these are fantastic replies! Im thinking of doing something similar myself so this has been really helpful. Thank you Geeks :)

Good luck Emzo it sounds like it will be a really great evening for a fantastic cause!! x

Latest posts

Back