Advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mands

Reaction score
Hello [emoji4]

I recently did hair for a big wedding. Before hand prices were discussed and agreed. I did the wedding hair last Saturday for 8 Bridesmaids, Brides Mum and 2 Flower Girls.

I did all the bridesmaids first and then the flower girls turned up! Me thinking they would be about 5!! They were roughly 13 and 15! Wanted it all curling and putting to one side!!!

I normally only charge £5 for little girls as they take a matter of minutes to do!

I had already agreed on price so left out of pocket in my opinion.

What would everyone have done differently? I feel sometimes I should speak up more than I do but because everything was done over text I felt I was the one at fault because I didn't ask age on flower girls!

Here's a picture of a couple of the bridesmaids hair i did!

X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444926146.483426.jpg

I would have just done the hair at the quoted price and you now know in future to ask the ages of any flower girls or even bridesmaids. Maybe just a tick box 10 and under, 11-15, 16 and over.

Lesson learned :) x

You did a lovely job on their hair. Looks beautiful. I'm sure the bride was delighted.

Next time....

Do you provide a written contract for the bride to sign, stating your terms and conditions, inc. total fees and cancellation fees? Always have a trial and charge accordingly for your time and finalise everything during the trial.

Then if the bride wants to add anyone on the day, you can refer to the contract and explain that any changes will incur additional fees.

Always remain curteous and professional.

I think she misled you with the term flower girls as you already had bridesmaids that you knew about. I think most people would assume flower girls are under 7! I guess you can't change anything now but in the future as above have said ensure you do a trial and get all relevant details first. The hair looked beautiful which is the main thing, post all your pics on your fb page etc and I'm sure you will recoup your losses with new wedding bookings!

Thanks guys. I think next time I'll definitely confirm ages before hand and email a copy of my price list as that does say the age flowers girls should be under.

I don't ever send a contract but lately I'm doing a lot of weddings so it can only be a good thing to get something drafted up to send prior.

Xx

Thanks guys. I think next time I'll definitely confirm ages before hand and email a copy of my price list as that does say the age flowers girls should be under.

I don't ever send a contract but lately I'm doing a lot of weddings so it can only be a good thing to get something drafted up to send prior.

Xx

Don't be afraid of drafting contracts and getting everything in writing, inc. a cancellation policy.

The bride will have already signed contracts for the venue hire, flowers, catering, entertainment etc.

You're just another professional she has booked to perform a specific service on the day of her wedding.

Latest posts

Back