Advice pleeeeease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Tech

Pampered Princess
Reaction score
Hi All!

Just had a call from a lady,her coleg came round yesterday wanting some of my price list's so I gave her some.Well!the lady who called today said she has really bad broken nails from haveing extensions from a chinese place who use drills and was wanting to advice to see if a new set would be ok or leave them grow for a while.She said that her thumb nail is broken both sides low down and also some others where broken to.

Any Advice would be very grateful.

Many Thanks! :hug:

What did you say to her? That you would call her back?

I would tell her to come in for a client consultation so that you can see exactly what she is talking about.

If they are absolutely SHOT IT then maybe regular manicures and some solar oil would help them along until YOU feel comfortable with re overlaying them.

From experience they may well be very badly damaged and in need of some tlc.

If your canvass (ie her natural nail in its current state) is not good you will have problems with whatever you put on her....so mani's would be the way to go.

If they are not as bad as she is describing obviously - do them !

I just re read the bit about splitting - yes they will do as so many layers have been E FILED off!

HTH

What did you say to her? That you would call her back?
That I could have a look later,she said she would call me once she had spoken to her partern/husband.
She said on the phone eaily that she was going to cut them short and another salon she went two to ask about them said not to have extensions put on again for a while.

Any Advice pleeeease!:wink2:

many Thanks! :hug:

Its very hard to gice advice without seeing the nails. I have had NSS clients that on the phone say their nails are ruined and when they turn up they really arnt that bad in terms of applying a new set of enhancements.

Your best bet is to offer a consultation and go from there. it is impossible to say yay or nay over the phone in this instance.

That I could have a look later,she said she would call me once she had spoken to her partern/husband.
She said on the phone eaily that she was going to cut them short and another salon she went two to ask about them said not to have extensions put on again for a while.

Any Advice pleeeease!:wink2:

many Thanks! :hug:

Sarah read Minkus's reply lots of advise and help there:)

Yep, i agree with everyone's replies so far....you cant advise anything until you have seen them.

sarah....never put the phone down unless you have booked them in.....what i mean is.....always just say YES...book them in and then once they are in the chair you can prescribe the best soloution...ie...enhancements...manicure...etc..

I know she said she needed to speak with her hubby but for future reference... x

I agree with what everyone has said you need to see the nails first.
some great advice from minkus. did you take the clients number?
perhaps give her a call and say you have an appointment free tomorrow if
that is more convenient for her. and maybe advised her not to cut them down until you had seen the nails, better for you to cut them down if needed. she may get a bit carried away!

The lady has just phoned back and is come round for a consultation at 6:30 and then we'll go from there.

Will let you now how things go later.

I would tell her to come in for a client consultation so that you can see exactly what she is talking about.

If they are absolutely SHOT IT then maybe regular manicures and some solar oil would help them along until YOU feel comfortable with re overlaying them.

From experience they may well be very badly damaged and in need of some tlc.

If your canvass (ie her natural nail in its current state) is not good you will have problems with whatever you put on her....so mani's would be the way to go.

If they are not as bad as she is describing obviously - do them !

I just re read the bit about splitting - yes they will do as so many layers have been E FILED off!

HTH
Everning All!
Just seen the lady,her nails wheren't that bad she did have some nails where badly splite starting from the sidewalls.I filed them down a bit for her and put some solar oil on afterwards,and asked if she needed a re shape or wanted extensions on to give me a call.:cool:

I also sold her some solar oil and said how to use it.:)

Seem like things are looking good for me with doing nails now.:wink2:

Thanks for all your help! :hug:

Thants good that you sold her some solar oil, that should help alot. did you make an appointment for a manicure or future enhancements? xx

Sounds like you did a great job. I bet she'll be back! :)

Sounds like you did a great job. I bet she'll be back! :)
Morning All!
Thank you for all your lovely replies,I think I did a great job.I do hope she will be back,a few hours after doing the treatment,this was after she had left I thought I could have done a set of sculpted nails but never mind at lest I now for next time.

Thanks again for the replies.:hug:

Latest posts

Back