Advice re training in Yorkshire

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
hiya, apologies first if this is in the wrong forum.

I would like advice on what to learn next. I am trained in nail enhancements, am hoping to offer sculptured nails in about six months when I am more confident. I offer a full range of nail art, glitter tips etc, so I'm happy with that. I am hoping to do the ezflow conversion course in a month or so in Doncaster.
I offer waxing, mani, pedi, ear + nose piercing, lash extensions, tooth gems.

I think I have got on 2 courses at college in September, Swedish Massage and an intro to aromatherapy course.

I would like to know what you would think would be a good private course (or 2!) to train on before September. Can't afford millions of squid for a course, but a couple of hundred is ok. It also has to be In or around Doncaster. Wakefield, Sheffield, Pontefract, Leeds, rotherham etc is fine, as I haven't passed my driving test yet!

I haven't got my A+P qualification yet, so that may limit me. I have been googling for weeks but can't seem to find anything.

Many thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help and advice. (yerp, I know I can talk :o

yep, thanks! I'm happy to train in any areas of beauty though, really want to do as much as I possibly can, thanks though x x x

Are there any wholesalers near you that do the short courses?

Hi Hun, Im in Doncaster too, Adele cash & carry do short 1 or 2 day courses in facial skincare, mani/pedi, indian head massage, nail art, make up etc.....they are basic but a good starting point, and the trainer Mel is great.:)

sallys offer short courses too - it might be worth enquiring with them

sallys offer short courses too - it might be worth enquiring with them

The one in Doncaster dosnt do them...but I think the sheffield one does.:hug:

i know either york/hull does them, can't remember which, but i seen a board outside advertising them x

thanks, doncaster adels had a few on, and I rang today and got on one for hopi ear candling, which I really fancy, for early april, so thanks! still want to do some more though, I'm never satisfied ha ha x x x

NSI do beauty courses aswell as nail courses and they are based in Wakefield.

Diane at Above beauty training do facials, nails, waxing, indian head massage etc to (very good prices), shes in the yellow pages and based in Sheffield.
pm me if you need more details

xxx

Hi and welcome. While business is quiet at mo I've signed up for a few courses.
Picassos Training Academy are a great training centre, I've done a few courses and they're a friendly bunch. Their tel no is 01924 369344
How about an eye services course (lash/brow tint, eyebrow shape and lash perm). I personally find this very popular.
Also I'm about to start Indian Head Massage (VTCT) at Selby college on 5th Feb (3 hours Mon eve for approx 18 weeks) and you don't need A&P to do it. I've trained at Selby college before and their beauty facilities are great, their link is www.selby.ac.uk
Also!!!! I've just found a fab college in Leeds called The central college and they have beauty colleges all over Yorkshire. I've just been for my interview there last week and am doing Advanced waxing in March on a one day course to learn brazilian, hollywood, sc etcetc their website is White Rose Central Colleges Health Beauty Courses White Rose
Hope this helps and good luck

I would like advice on what to learn next. I am trained in nail enhancements, am hoping to offer sculptured nails in about six months when I am more confident. I offer a full range of nail art, glitter tips etc, so I'm happy with that. I am hoping to do the ezflow conversion course in a month or so in Doncaster.

I think I have got on 2 courses at college in September, Swedish Massage and an intro to aromatherapy course.

I would like to know what you would think would be a good private course (or 2!) to train on before September. Can't afford millions of squid for a course, but a couple of hundred is ok. It also has to be In or around Doncaster. Wakefield, Sheffield, Pontefract, Leeds, rotherham etc is fine, as I haven't passed my driving test yet!

I haven't got my A+P qualification yet, so that may limit me. I have been googling for weeks but can't seem to find anything.

Many thanks for reading, and thanks in advance for any help and advice. (yerp, I know I can talk :o

I know someone who does private tuition in Doncaster, Conisborough to be exact PM me and I'll give you her number.

She used to have a nail salon in abroad for years but has now come back and set up her own business teaching. She is a qualified tutor. I've been on one of the skill builders and she's really nice. Does anything you want to learn and also does trouble shooters pay by the hour. Her prices are very reasonable too.

Hi, Elite in Castleford do courses ...x

Hi Hnybee, Glad to hear about your interest in training, if you are really serious about doing a short course you could do 'Hopi ear candles' its really easy and not too expensive and best of all its only one day, alternatively a facial two day course, there would be theory to do but you can choose your exam day when you feel confident enough to do it. For more information ring Picassos training academy in Wakefield town centre 01924 369344

Hi Hnybee, Glad to hear about your interest in training, if you are really serious about doing a short course you could do 'Hopi ear candles' its really easy and not too expensive and best of all its only one day, alternatively a facial two day course, there would be theory to do but you can choose your exam day when you feel confident enough to do it. For more information ring Picassos training academy in Wakefield town centre 01924 369344
This is a really good place to train, they offer lots of different courses, nails, waxing, ear candleing, facials, eye treatments etc etc the list goes on, sue the trainer is a lovely person with the patience of a saint and they provide drinks and lunch hth

hi if anyone knows any qualified tutors iN DoncasTER who do private training for reasonable prices please pm me thx x :green:

hi i trained at central college in leeds and its good coz its 5 mins away from the rail station :green:,
might phone up to see what they have on actually :green:

Latest posts

Back