Affinage hi lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Reaction score
I started using Affinage and when I used to use 901s Loreal I have used 12.1 infinti with the booster and it has gone really brassy where as 901s would have gone a softer beige colour, I thought to mix 12.1 with 12.2 would this help, anyone else found this problem

I started using Affinage and when I used to use 901s Loreal I have used 12.1 infinti with the booster and it has gone really brassy where as 901s would have gone a softer beige colour, I thought to mix 12.1 with 12.2 would this help, anyone else found this problem

What base did you use it on? Mixing ratio? Peroxide?
12,1 is a great highlift, never had to use the booster with it.

Base 6 40vol ratio 1:2 , I think the booster gives another level lift than Loreal hence extra warmth , prob best then to do without booster on darker basis I'm thinking

Base 6 40vol ratio 1:2 , I think the booster gives another level lift than Loreal hence extra warmth , prob best then to do without booster on darker basis I'm thinking

Hmm, yeah give it a go without the booster, you might find it dilutes the ash tone too, not 100% sure though.

Are you using heat on it? As that could knock the tone too.

Yep think that might be the case as aware of .1 in affringe is a green ash and Loreal is a blue ash so think the booster took it a shade lighter without enough tone to neutralise , think its prob best on lighter bases and without booster on dark bases ,

Yep think that might be the case as aware of .1 in affringe is a green ash and Loreal is a blue ash so think the booster took it a shade lighter without enough tone to neutralise , think its prob best on lighter bases and without booster on dark bases ,

I would personally probably only use the booster in the 12.0 as there would be no problem with diluting the tone.
Yeah it's green ash but never saw a green tone in it, even when it overlapped slightly. Always got a lovely clean blonde with it in foils but never used globally. Using tigi now anyway but still use a coffee shop or bred every now and then.

Been on an affinage course today and was told that the 12.OS doesn't dilute. You can also do a mixture of all 3, .1 .2 .OS :) xx

I did that course on Monday :) agreed it doesn't dilute maybe mix some 12.2 in or add some intensive 0.2? X

I've never heard it dilutes the tone. Where did u guys do the course? I did one about 8 yrs ago and desperately want to do another but they don't seem to offer anything here in Essex 😞

Been on an affinage course today and was told that the 12.OS doesn't dilute. You can also do a mixture of all 3, .1 .2 .OS :) xx

As in all 4 mixed together?

Equal amounts 12.1, 12.2 and booster I think to cover all bases ;) that will tackle yellow and reddy tones x

Equal amounts 12.1, 12.2 and booster I think to cover all bases ;) that will tackle yellow and reddy tones x

Excellant we try that thank u x

Latest posts

Back