after waxing ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah21

Reaction score
Ive been getting a so called brazillian wax for the past few months now but the last two times i get really bad ingrown hairs i get at least 20 i look very spotty down there now and it only stays smooth for about 1 week, i call it so called cause i only get the front done and a bit on the sides as theres always loads of hair left they call that a brazillian :confused: is there any advice on how to avoid them i bought some aloe vera crfeam to help which doesnt work.

You should be applying an after wax cream often and fairly liberally for two days or so after your waxing. Then probably 4-5 days after waxing exfoliate the area gently and then continue to do so a couple of times a week until your next appointment.

You haven't said how long you have been having bikini waxing for, if it is a fairly new treatment for you it will take a few waxes to get the hairs growing at the same rate. (hope I have explained that one so you understand).

Many salons deem brazilians differently to the next. I was taught that a brazilian was a two/three finger strip from from to back, however I always thought that a brazilian was a landing strip only on the pubis one finger wide.

A brazilian to me is everything off inc Labia and butt but leaving a small strip or triangle on the mount.

Ingrown hairs are quite normal a good aloe vera gel and exfoliating every other day should sort the problem. Or you could try a product like priva shave which helps to stop rashes and ingrown hairs.

xxx

Hi

A brazilian is a landing strip of hair on the pubic bone and all other hair from underneath removed. However I ask my clients what they prefer me to do, as some dont want or cant tolerate complete hair removal.

It can be common to get spots on the area as it gets hot and sweaty there. Also clients will get spots/ingrown hairs as a natural reaction to friction from your underwear and tights etc and does not mean that the therapist is bad. However I would be concerned if she hasnt done a 'true brazilian' as to whether she is qualified to perform this treatment.

As Joe said exfoliate regularly, also wear cotton undies at work and avoid too tight fitting clothes on the few days following your wax. Apply a medicated cream to the area or an ingrown hair prohibitor for a week after your wax.

Regrowth varies between clients. Most of my clients have enough regrowth after 4-5 weeks for another brazilian. The first few times that you wax the area the hair will come back within a week or two but this is down to follicles that have hair waiting to emerge that wont be there when your waxed. Its a natural cycle and can take up to 6 treatments to bring it up to the same cycle.

You know its the therapist if this hair is course when it comes through and if there is a lot of regrowth, rather than a few fine sprouts of hair.

If in doubt try somewhere else.

kate

Some clients follow all of the aftercare and still get them. Don't stress too much as we're all different. xx

Latest posts

Back