Airbase or Dinair for airbrush makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessCTherapistx

Reaction score
Having qualified in airbase, I am thinking about offering spray makeup in the salon and also mobile. The kit can be expensive. I have seen Dinair spray makeup kits are a bit cheaper, but have never tried them. Has anyone tried them out, and what do they think of them?

I'm trained in airbase too but not practiced much really. I'd be interested in this too plus any comparisons with Temptu x

I really like my airbase machine you might be able to pick mine up on eBay or at the beauty show x

Dinair is mainy a consumer product, and it's water based so will not last if brides need waterproof makeup...

I love temptu but a lot if people rave about the airbase, I have an iwata machine and it's much better for me :)

I love my Airbase alongside my other foundation brands.
It gives you a name people are familiar with and training was good.
But best thing for me is that I never worry about being able to cater to any skin tone/type/age as long as I have my Airbase with me.
I have only had a few clients with extremely pale or darker skin tones - they have been bridesmaids of brides so only met them on the day. So lovely for them - and me - when they ask if I have a suitable foundation, or that they struggle to find the right colour, as I can custom blend from the lightest to the darkest and conceal too.
Although it was expensive initially, I feel it has saved me a small fortune in having more, rarely used foundation products in my kit, and i can make every client I treat feel special and catered for.
Thanks x

I don't find anyone knows any airbrush brands so wouldn't worry about that. I trained with airbrush and it was a lovely product but I didn't rate their machines at all most broke during my training! I bought a Dinair machine and products and have done many brides with them which have all lasted! I bought some airbase foundations too and I found both great!

Airbase for me too. I too love that a small kit can cater for every skin tone, the finish is excellent and as its silicone based, it stays put.

I've not used temptu but have worked with good mua's who have used it and in my personal opinion found the models who wore airbase had a better looking base that lasted longer.

Just had to reply again- did 6 "brides" for a wedding fair today - 2 only had 20 mins for complete make over - nightmare for me, but used Airbase with brush to save time cleaning machine and as it is least transferring to protect dresses.
Went on like a dream - suited all skin tones and ages - even more mature where I sometimes think it can settle in fine lines - thank you Airbase again xx

I've been looking at airbase and temptu airbrushing make up systems and for the price difference and it's been most recommended to me I am thinking of going with the airbase system. The only thing I can't see that they offer is highlighters like temptu do. Does anyone use these highlighters....are they worth it? And could you use temptu highlighters in airbase compressor? Thanks

I've just bought Luminess,and so far so good. I love it,but I haven't tried other brands yet, so finding this thread interesting. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One V using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been looking at airbase and temptu airbrushing make up systems and for the price difference and it's been most recommended to me I am thinking of going with the airbase system. The only thing I can't see that they offer is highlighters like temptu do. Does anyone use these highlighters....are they worth it? And could you use temptu highlighters in airbase compressor? Thanks

There is no1 for highlighting plus the other colours and bronzer and 2 blush I think I have in my kit I'm going to buy some temptu colours to play but will need silicon based as that's what airbase and so don't want to mess up my machine x

Is it ok to use 'normal' make up over airbase make up ie highlighters etc? This is all a new world to me haha xx

Yes I use normal eyeshadows and blushers and highlighters you just need to wait a few moments while the makeup dries sometimes I use full airbrush it depends x

Really interested to hear more reviews on this too. I have the big Dinair professional kit but haven't really used it due to having my second baby, then back to my day job etc so lack of time. I am looking at doing the Airbase training but maybe not buying the airbase kit since I already have the Dinair one, is the training worth doing if you have a non-airbase kit?? It's on special for £50 near me soon.

Yes but it is product related too so you will learn all about the airbase makeup it may or not be relevant to what you already use or your machine as they show you how to take your gun apart and clean etc but I think most airbrush guns are similar

I did Airbase training but had an Dinair kit and found it worthwhile!

Have used temptu (trained by a superb MUA) and Dinair (bought the pro kit). Principle is the same and I'm happy with my Dinair kit. You can get extra coverage with their paramedical shades, which I believe are silicone based. They've got a new line called colair, that I've not tried yet. Temptu can be cordless and run on battery pack, which is neater than the Dinair battery pack. Dinair is a better looking machine in my opinion. Hope this helps :)

Dinair is mainy a consumer product, and it's water based so will not last if brides need waterproof makeup...

I love temptu but a lot if people rave about the airbase, I have an iwata machine and it's much better for me :)

Where did you buy your iwata and temptu? i really want a temptu but im a bit worried it wont work in ireland with the voltage here being 240 any advice?

Latest posts

Back