Airbrush compressor wont work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r_taylor2004200

Reaction score
Hi all i was wondering if anyone could help me i came to use my airbrush yesterday and it wont work it is blowing the air out but the paint wont come out with it. any ideas of why this is??? I have tried taking it to pieces and soaking it in airbrush cleanser to make sure its completely clean, i cant see any paint in it but it just wont let any paint out.
Please can someone shed some light on this please
Thanks

Could you have perhaps damaged the needle when cleaning? I believe the slightest little burr on the tip can cause this.

I check my needle after each level 2 clean by gently swiping towards the point with a lint ree cloth - this way, any imperfection on the tip will catch on the cloth and I can remedy it.

Please be aware though I have only be training in airbrush work for the last 2 weeks :) I am sure a more expereinced tech will help though - Geeg is an airbrush master as are a few other geeks :) x

Could you have perhaps damaged the needle when cleaning? I believe the slightest little burr on the tip can cause this.

I check my needle after each level 2 clean by gently swiping towards the point with a lint ree cloth - this way, any imperfection on the tip will catch on the cloth and I can remedy it.

Please be aware though I have only be training in airbrush work for the last 2 weeks :) I am sure a more expereinced tech will help though - Geeg is an airbrush master as are a few other geeks :) x

Don't know about nail airbrushes but I use an airbrush for make-up application and if all the components are squeaky clean then yes, it could well be a needle issue. Hope you get it sorted x

The title is misleading as it sounds like your compressor works just fine and it is your brush that is not performing.

It seems like you are doing the obvious things. Have you tried running some cleanser through the system? Is your paint the right consistency? If paint is still not flowing through the system then there is a blockage somewhere or the needle is bent (even If this is so, you should still see some signs that the paint is flowing somewhere.

Return the brush to the manufacturer if all your efforts fail .. Most have a service for this.

Latest posts

Back