airbrush french manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
I am just dying to try my airbrush out on french manicures (mainly because I hate doing the hand painted version). When i bought my kit I got a range of medea primary coloured paints. Can anyone advise me what shade of pink I can use . Please don't say mix colours as goodness knows what I will end up with. I am hoping there is a ready mixed colour to use so i can get going. Once I want to get started I am an eager beaver.

Thanks all

Wyliekit

when i do my french I use the pink base coat, the one that you paint on like nail polish, and just do the white tips straight over the top of that, then topcoat! hth x

Oh ... now that is helpful.... I didnt realise you could use the airbrush colours over varnish. I was also thinking you need to do the whole design with the airbrush paints? Thanks Sherrie, I have loads more options now :)

Can't believe i didn't think of jordi nail design - thanks - had a quick luck and think i will go for the pink blush.

I PMd JackieMc last week about airbrushing over nail varnish and she advised me to wait until the nail varnish was real dry otherwise you would get a sticky thumb print over the nail varnish. I tried it, thought I had waited till it was completely dry, had a go and yup I got a sticky thumb print.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Nail FX said:
Oh ... now that is helpful.... I didnt realise you could use the airbrush colours over varnish. I was also thinking you need to do the whole design with the airbrush paints? Thanks Sherrie, I have loads more options now :)

i use the same method as sherrie, pink base coat you can also get a pink opalesent baseccoat, then airbrush you french over the top.....not as in your face

I use the same as Joanne and Sherrie - I use any pink french base colour from say the Creative Lulu Collection - do one coat of colour then by the time I have got the paint out and got everything ready to airbursh, the varnish is dry - stencil on and away you go.

I agree that if you put your usual basecoat, 2 coats of colour etc then it will be tacky for a while.

Sorry but personally I dont like any of the opaque french airbrush colours, I prefer a more sheer base.

Tomorrow I'm gona get the kit out and have another go. I did get a pink base coat with the kit and have already got a few peachy coloured french manicure varnishes and may have a go with these so wotch this space!!!!

You have been really helpful.

Thanx

I use whatever shade of base I fancy - just normal varnish. I find that the quick drying variety works best.

wyliekit88 said:
Can't believe i didn't think of jordi nail design - thanks - had a quick luck and think i will go for the pink blush.

I PMd JackieMc last week about airbrushing over nail varnish and she advised me to wait until the nail varnish was real dry otherwise you would get a sticky thumb print over the nail varnish. I tried it, thought I had waited till it was completely dry, had a go and yup I got a sticky thumb print.

I was taught to base coat the nails with a paint on pinky coloured Media varnish before any airbrushing..... shouldnt make any difference if you are spraying the whole nail or just the white tip... Im not talking about 2 coats of colour and a base coat here, just the pink base coat, dries in no time!! x

wyliekit88 said:

Hi Elaine, just pm'd you again. You can also buy Medea paints from K-Sa-Ra (Chocolate in here) - they're a bit cheaper per bottle.

www.netnails.net

You'll find it under Airbrush Paints.

Jackie
x

I get mine from Jordi, they don't charge for P&P!

i also use a pink media base coat then airbrush the white, thats how i was taught

Latest posts

Back