Airbrush Tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's The Best Airbrush Tan?

• Fantasytan

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Su do

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Heavenly Bodies

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

feebeast

Reaction score
OK. So what airbrush tanning systems have you all tried, liked and loathed.

Which ones give golden glows and which ones leave you looking like you've been Tango’d?

All help on this one will be greatly appreciated as I haven't got a clue :rolleyes: and it's a lot of money to make a bad decision on.

Also...
  1. Who distibutes Heavenly Bodies in the uk?
  2. Do they have a web-site?

And.....
Have any or you had customers come back because their tan came off patchy?

Have a look at www.salonsolutions.org if you are expecting heavy trouble free usage this system is second to non and the liquid is a perfect colour.

feebeast said:

Which ones give golden glows and which ones leave you looking like you've been Tango’d?

All help on this one will be greatly appreciated as I haven't got a clue :rolleyes: and it's a lot of money to make a bad decision on.
hi,
been airbrush tanning for over a year, tried and tested most of the solutions available best ive found are: Su-do who do 2 lotions 1 containing 2% DHA and the other 8%, the other solution is one by a company called Bali sun its quicker drying and has very little smell does not dry out the skin and fades a lot better. the more you have looked after your skin ie: exfoliation regularly then the better the results.
hope this helps
regards
denise

feebeast said:
Also...
  1. Who distibutes Heavenly Bodies in the uk?
  2. Do they have a web-site?

And.....
Have any or you had customers come back because their tan came off patchy?

Fi

Their website address is http://www.hbtan.co.uk/ I have just started to use this and have had no probs as of yet. Think the product is good nice even colour

Jue :)

i too use su-do. i find that you get nice even colour, doesnt take that long to dry and lasts about a week. their site is www.su-do.co.uk

feebeast said:

Mrs Gadget said:
Fi

Their website address is http://www.hbtan.co.uk/ I have just started to use this and have had no probs as of yet. Think the product is good nice even colour

Jue :)
HI , patchyness usuall happens when the skin has not been exfoliated you must do this before tanning and a couple of days after. also the tan is more apparent when fading from a paler skin especially one that is dry the worst area been the shins, bali sun have developed a lotion which i have just tried and it is much better at fading naturally. if you need any more advice feel free to email or pm me
regards
den

Hi...
just wanted to bump this back up as i am now a airbrush tanner to the public...whoo hoo.
I am using su-do but i have had one otr two comments on it being a little orange...you will love this...
I sprayed my 11 year old son and when he went to school the next day his friends teased him by saying he looks like a carrot and kept putting grass on his head...lol (fortunatly he has a great sence of homour!)
just wondered if there was a more reddy brwon colour available?
I have only used the bronze as yet i have a sample of the darker one but not sure what colour it would come out as? anyone here tried it?
Also today a lady came for her first ever treatment and then came back later for her second one to complete the tan but she didnt need it as it looked realy nice ...but she was worried she would go even MORE orange or a darker brown...eek...not sure so we left it for a few days...anyone know the answers to my questions i would be very grateful...x

dennis said:
HI , patchyness usuall happens when the skin has not been exfoliated you must do this before tanning and a couple of days after.
Hi there,
As an independant distributer of tanning solutions I would recommend that you exfoliate and moisturise 24hours before your tanning application but would never recommend exfoliation after tanning. The tanning works by dying the proteins found in the upper 2/3 layers of the epidermis. Therefore if you exfoliate after the tanning procedure, you speed up the fading process by removing these epidermal layers.

If anyone requires a free sample of our tanning liquid, please do not hesitate to pm me.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned St Tropez Spray Tan?! I've found it to be really good!!

Hi peeps, i had a spray tan done over the weekend i had Bali sun tropical, ive found the colour to be a really nice tropical tan and it looks similar to a holiday tan, had no patchiness yet but i did exfoliate the night before. Anyway just thought id share that with you x x

Hi...
Just wanted more advice if possible regarding spray tanning as i am now totally confused! (it doesnt take a lot...lol)
First of all i did my training with su-do and was told to do 2 tans to start the client off within 24 hours if possible (some may only need one tan) and when i spoke to head office regarding this they said not to give 2nd tan in less than 3 days as the client may go a little orangie...eek!
Also when i asked what % of DHA was in the two different strengths of lotion they said it is company policy not to say even on the ingredient sheet they send you!!!!!! Why not? Just wondered how Dennis on here knows the DHA content in a past thread?
To use a product i need to beleive in it and at the moment i feel quite let down by this company and not even sure what i am using!!!!
Can anyone throw some light on this?
I also ordered and paid for a red hair spray at olympia but i havent received it yet...what do you think?
Sorry to moan...

:D

Hi Denise

I use st tropez and sudo as you know and i always do one tan for sudo and St tropez although st tropez recommend for a deeper tan two tans within a week.
I do know what you mean herman about exfoliating HOWEVER as i have the spray tan myself i find that (and this is with any spray tan i have tried) after about 4 days it starts to wear off, if you gently exfoliate it seems to come off more evenly if that make any sense!!

I do find that i have very dry skin, so the St tropez cream is better for me but its just not convenient to have it looking like ive been in a mud bath :eek: and sparing an hour when i can be sprayed in half the time. :rolleyes:

If your really not happy with the result your getting then get some samples from other companys and try them out.
To be honest i havent had to do two tans on anyone they have all been pleased with the one application. Its all about confidence and i think when you have been doing it for a bit longer that will come.

As for the hair spray, ring the company, or if you paid by visa or cheque then revoke your payment.

Deni said:
Hi...
Just wanted more advice if possible regarding spray tanning as i am now totally confused! (it doesnt take a lot...lol)
First of all i did my training with su-do and was told to do 2 tans to start the client off within 24 hours if possible (some may only need one tan) and when i spoke to head office regarding this they said not to give 2nd tan in less than 3 days as the client may go a little orangie...eek!
Also when i asked what % of DHA was in the two different strengths of lotion they said it is company policy not to say even on the ingredient sheet they send you!!!!!! Why not? Just wondered how Dennis on here knows the DHA content in a past thread?
To use a product i need to beleive in it and at the moment i feel quite let down by this company and not even sure what i am using!!!!
Can anyone throw some light on this?
I also ordered and paid for a red hair spray at olympia but i havent received it yet...what do you think?
Sorry to moan...
I trained with Sudo (at headoffice) and i was trained not to apply another tan until 3 days after the first application, I was informed of the DHA content and it is 6% (if i remember correctly) and they are bringing out an 8% soon thats if it is not out now.....May I ask where did or who did you do your training with? maybe you should call Su-do's head office if you aren't getting the support from a satelite training centre, and it sounds like you have not spoken with them - remember they can't help if they dont know you problems and personally to date I have found them more than helpful and profressional PLUS I think the colour is fabulous - Best of luck in sorting your grievences out...

Hi,

thought I would give you some info on spray tanning to clear up any confusion, but if any one wants any more in depth info, I have an article I can e mail you that I have written for this months Tanning World, just pm me.

The DHA is the active ingredient in tanning solutions and creams, and generally does not cause any irritation. The higher the percentage, the stronger the developed self tan, but also the risk of irritation. It is therefore not recommended to be any higher than 8%. If a solution has an 8% dha content, one treatment per week is usually enough for a lovely natural looking tan. Some Companies do add other ingredients that boost the dha, but after trying them I have not personally found them to particularly last any longer than ones that do not, this can also affect the price of the solution.

If you are considering spray tanning, you should definitely ask for a demo and what percentage dha is in the solution, a material safety data sheet should be provided and you could also ask for a toxicological report.

Most solutions will give the same developed tan if the dha content is the same, the difference is usually in the instant colour, some are more reddy orange than others.

Be careful when purchasing solutions, as some additives actually break down the dha making it less effective.

Before a treatment, make sure the client has thoroughly exfoliated, especially dry areas and has used a ph balanced body wash. DHA works better at about 4.5 to 5.5 ph value. Ensure they are not wearing make up, perfume, deodourant etc., and remove any jewellery. You can apply a non perfumed lotion to any severe dry areas such as ankles and elbows.
After the treatment, make sure you have given them the correct aftercare advice and that after showering to remove instant colour they use a body lotion/moisturiser to help keep the skin soft and prevent dry flaking patches.

If they wish, 3 days later they may use a light body buff to keep tan even, although this is not always necessary, it depends on their skin type.

Hope this helps.
Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back