Airbrushing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katlu

Reaction score
Although I have been given lots of advice on how to apply topcoats to the finished airbrushed nail, it never seems to stay on. I have no problem whatsoever with airbrushing, it's lightly sprayed, dry by the time it hits the nail and looks perfect even after I have applied the topcoat. The one problem I have is that it always fades away at the free edge, no matter what I do. I have tried out the door top coat, creative top coat, GF21 Quattro uv by star nails, medea top coat and I always cap the free edge.......but it still fades away. I spend so much time carefully applyng the design, then to be told the free edge has faded away. Can someone help? I did do the Essential Nails training course, but wonder whether I need to do another course just to be shown how to apply the top coat. Is there an airbrushing pro out there that can help.

Its the nature of the beast unfortunetly - get your client to apply a suitable top coat and make sure they cap the free edge.
I apply varnish by medea then cap with my french pink, cap again with 1 coat super shiney, 1 coat out the door. That 3 coats over the free edge so its well bumpered.

Latest posts

Back