Aircon in your salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen Smith

theHOTWAXroom
Reaction score
After a couple of days sweltering in my salon and my wax giving me the run around, I am now considering some kind of air con unit for my salon. I put a mobile unit in last night which took the temperature down a little but it was really noisy and too bulky so got in the way of my treatment trolley and so not at all ideal. I have been looking at some wall mounted ones today and think they will be much more acceptable. These are the ones that have the indoor and outdoor unit, does anyone know if I would need planning permission for the outside wall unit?

My questions for those of you who have air con in your salon, do you find it was worthwhile installing? Does it not leave your clients too cold/warm? The one I have been researching today regulates the room's temperature be it warm or cool.

B&Q have some fantastic deals on their aircon units, some having 75% reduction from around £700 down to £200, I would just need to find someone to install it on top of the purchase price.

Thanks in anticipation for any help and advice. :hug:

Wow, thanks for the recommendation to try B&Q! Will check them out later. Not sure about planning permission - is it a listed building?
Posted via Mobile Device

B and Q.Collin got you at it now.:)

DO IT !!!

jen i have one of the b&q airforce ones i think 9000 one - very good value at the moment i think i paid £500 ish - very quiet too !! beats the noisy free standing ones

my ex installed it for me very simple - you just need someone good at diy no need for electrician etc - need an industrial 4" drill thing to put a hole through to the outside wall for the one thick lead (which houses all the leads) plus a smaller one (shame you dont live near me i'd help you plus i still have the big drill and drill bit to do the hole !!)

bracket for the wall to hang it on internal wall - i think you need to get this separately - but they sell them near them

then the second unit just sits outside - you can wall mount this too but mine sits out the way on the floor side of the house

the smaller hose though be warned in sunshine can deteriorate in the weather - ive had mine over 4 years and ive never looked back ! just need to change the smaller hose - which to be honest a water hose would do ... my neighbour is going to help me change it over

oh another thing we found recently ! great instructions for installation but try and make some notes re how to get the front off as we struggled when i moved into another room as the instructions were not clear how to get it off the bracket lol - but its all moved and working fine ... maybe instructions are better these days ?!

any other questions i can help you with let me know - makes a change for me to help you !

kxx

LOL! Hmm if you managed to get a tin of that woodstain stuff that Collin keeps going on about it, and fed it in to the outside unit, and got someone to stand in front of the inside unit, would it end up giving them a spray tan lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Karren, you are a star :hug:

Ruth this is the link to the one I am going to get (now Karren has convinced me lol!) My house is not a listed building, so I am thinking I should be ok to fit one without the planning permission.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9333253&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=0&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3C{9372015}%2fcategories%3C{9372041}%2fcategories%3C{9372226}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1246620361308&isSearch=false

We have a house built in Accrington Brick and apparently its a pig to drill through (according to a guy who has just drilled a tumble dryer hose hole for me) I might phone him and see if he is willing to blow another new drill bit lol!

Cool thanks Jen, I will check that link later. Sonia (and the dogs) will love me for installing air con for them lol...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back