Akzentz POW gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Mornin,

I've notice that whenever i use POW i end up with a slight ridge between zone 2 and 3 (as if the free edge is slightly higher than zone 2).

I use POW in 2 v.thin coats after i have buffed the gel enhancement and then i apply a coat of top gloss, but no matter how thin i try and do it it still seems to form a ridge - most annoying after i've buffed the nails nice and smooth.:grr:

Anyone else get this, or have any ideas what i might be doing wrong??

hiya
I used to get this too and it drove me nuts:mad:
I have 2 methods to help with this ......
I apply 2 coats of topgloss ..1 just upto the smileline to even it out and then another thinner coat over the whole nail..
or I do the layer of gloss in the usual way (don`t cure)and then pick up a small bead of gloss and place at the smileline and let it self level into the ridge...hope that makes sense I`m really rubbish at explaining things.

Explained perfectly Karen, thanks for that.:)

You could try 'carving out' your smile before u cure so that there is a 'lower ledge' there ready for your white to sit in....Or as above...drizzle a bit of topgloss over the ledge.

Amb xx

MINKUS said:
You could try 'carving out' your smile before u cure so that there is a 'lower ledge' there ready for your white to sit in....Or as above...drizzle a bit of topgloss over the ledge.

Amb xx

Great idea too Amber.:)

Just glad i'm not the only one - thought i was going mad for a minute there!!

Cheers mate.

I had been having this problem too.

I've been applying top gloss and adding a little extra over the join area.

Seems to be better.

Try it. Good luck. :hug:

Emmajt said:
Great idea too Amber.:)

Just glad i'm not the only one - thought i was going mad for a minute there!!

Cheers mate.

Or put your white on over the bonder...then proceed with clear/or natural coverage pink...if you dont like the natural coverage pink over the white 'flick it off' (with your brush)over the white.

amb xx

MINKUS said:
Or put your white on over the bonder...then proceed with clear/or natural coverage pink...if you dont like the natural coverage pink over the white 'flick it off' (with your brush)over the white.

amb xx

Yeah i did think about doing that, but wasn't sure if i'd be better using the builder white or french white with it being over the bonder gel.

Give anything a go though!!

Emmajt said:
Yeah i did think about doing that, but wasn't sure if i'd be better using the builder white or french white with it being over the bonder gel.

Give anything a go though!!

i always use paint on white - i never use the builder whites...

trial and error matey - have a go.

MINKUS said:

Yeah i think your right there - just so many different ways eh!!

MINKUS said:

I lurve the Akzentz POW normally, but have just started to have a play with the French Builder White (nail trainer and myself only at the mo tho!) and gotta say, am seriously liking it! Takes a bit of getting used to but it builds a lovely nail, and the smile lines stay so defined!

Its def worth a play at least!

I do my POW after my bonder layer then Pink up to the white and overlay with clear, buff then top Gloss and no ridges
HTH
KxXx

You can try this metod:
Sanitize your hands and clients with Isagel
Push back cuticles.
Remove all dead skin.
File all nails with medium sanding band with your e-file
or nothing finer than 180 grit hand file.
Bevel you free edge very thin
Make sure your old layer of gel is flat at cuticle area
and around sidewalls.(this is for fills)
Spray with Nail Prep and wipe with dry wash cloth.
Apply Afixx it or Sure bond and let it dry until becomes chalky white.
Apply thin coat of Bonding gel almost scrubbing it into nails.
Drop down your brush and seal the free edge
Cure for 15-20 sec.
Apply Paint on White fairly thin
Swipe your smile line
Freeze it for 10 sec.
Do same with rest of nails.Then cure all 10 for 2 min.
Any bit of ridge you can fill with New natural gel.
You can do all five fingers (it won't run)
Cure 2 min.
While you are curing one hand you can apply Natural to the other.
Cure other hand for 2 min.
Apply nice thin layer of Top Gloss gel closer to the cuticles all the way down to the free edge.
Cure for 2 min.
And you are done.
This is only for fills
For new set of nails you have to use French White or any other Builder White. Depends on your preferences.
Happy nailing.

I had a little play last night on some spare tips and tried the POW after the bonder method and the tips were a lovley shape afterwards.:) Like Lana said i can definitely see that method being great on infills.

I also had a play with the french builder white and found it really easy to use - was v.surprised as i didn't think i'd get on with it.

The only thing i wasn't sure about it was that i don't think it's white enough for a few of my clients (they like bright white:eek: ).

Was going to give the Ultra french white a go, i presume the aplicatation method for this is the same as the French white builder???

Emmajt said:
I had a little play last night on some spare tips and tried the POW after the bonder method and the tips were a lovley shape afterwards.:) Like Lana said i can definitely see that method being great on infills.

I also had a play with the french builder white and found it really easy to use - was v.surprised as i didn't think i'd get on with it.

The only thing i wasn't sure about it was that i don't think it's white enough for a few of my clients (they like bright white:eek: ).

Was going to give the Ultra french white a go, i presume the aplicatation method for this is the same as the French white builder???

hiya
you can mix a bit of the ultra french white with the builder white to make it a bit brighter ...

kaznails said:
hiya
you can mix a bit of the ultra french white with the builder white to make it a bit brighter ...

Gosh another to try - the possiblities are endless aren't they:eek:

Thanks hun.:hug:

Latest posts

Back