Alcohol instead of Scrub Fresh?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma/tenerife

Reaction score
just wondered if in an emergency could i use alcohol (like what you can buy from the chemist) instead of scrub fresh?

just wondered if in an emergency could i use alcohol (like what you can buy from the chemist) instead of scrub fresh?

Don't know about alcohol but in an emergency I have been told you can use acetone.

thats intresting!! even when your doin infills? would that not cause damage to the previous enhancement?

I have been using alcohol for about the last 2 months....trying to cut costs (but not compromise my service)....I have had no problems or changes w/the switch from Scrub Fresh to Alcohol.
Happy Wednesday~
Leslie

thats intresting!! even when your doin infills? would that not cause damage to the previous enhancement?

I've not used it, just got told in passing, I buy my scrub fresh in huge bottles and when I'm down to the last 3rd I get my next one, I'm super organised that way:lol: or super anal:green:
But, if you have to use it then you would have to be super careful to only touch the natural nail.

What do you actually mean by emergency........you have knocked over a whole bottle and spilled it all over the place, or you just forgot to order more?? :o:

Yes Acetone would do in an 'emergency' as it will dehydrate the nail plate but it is just not the same as a proper nail plate cleanser that would not only dehydrate but cleanse.

As for in an infill of course you are right Emma actone is not ideal, as if you get it on the product you could have problems.

The moral of this story is to have proper stock control and order in advance of your needs.

I agree with Susie though that as a one off acetone would be better than alcohol. Just use it on the natural nail though, and get your order in for more of your usual nail plate cleanser. pronto!!!:lol:

if i knew there was vodka, i was to drink it:lol:

Vodka can dry the skin around the nail out thou, as i used to use vodka on my spots!!!

in an emergency situation it would work, so would acetone, Scrubfresh is about 50/50 anyways, so it six of one, half a dozen of another, but it would lack the pathogen fighters in scrubfresh.

Alcohol is no substitute for ScrubFresh ... doesn't do the same thing at all. It is not a good dehydrator not pathogen fighter.

Nailzoo is spot on ... Acetone would be much better for a short term fix and would not affect the enhancement as you are not soaking it but just using as a dehydrator.

There are better things to compromise on buying other than this very essential part of the service.

:lol: Stop buying all the ail art and stuff you never use and concentrate on buying the basic things you need and that will ENSURE the longevity of your nail service. ScrubFresh is one of those things.

I know this is an old thread, but found it whilst searching for info on scrub fresh. I've read recently that scrubfresh no longer has the 'pathogen fighting' Properties, is this true? x

Yes, it's true. :)

So does that now mean that there is no real advantage to using it over just acetone and alcohol? x

So does that now mean that there is no real advantage to using it over just acetone and alcohol? x

I would use what your trainer has recommended. I must agree with Geeg on this occasion that there are other things we can do with out like all the little sparkly gems and bows and striping brushes and make sure we all have a decent supply of the staples of our chosen systems.

I'm quite lucky as my chosen system uses its sanitiser spray to dehydrate and also as a wipe off but I also keep in stock their conditioning wipe off.

I know this is an old thread, but found it whilst searching for info on scrub fresh. I've read recently that scrubfresh no longer has the 'pathogen fighting' Properties, is this true? x

I'm pretty sure that Mundo nail plate cleanser has these properties still.

Latest posts

Back