All over L'oreal Platinum Paste-Damaged Hair-Level 4 to 8!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jynxie

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to go blonde, (know its a big change etc but been before) about a level 8, I'm currently tinted 4 (years of tinting :S semi-perm though..) so know its going t be difficult, think loreal platinium is the only way to go. Unfortunately my hair is pretty heat damaged, so will have an inch cut off first, but it is still naturally very fine hair, so i worried that even this heathly bleach may hurt it, if you regularly use Loreal Platinum and know whether i should risk it please reply! Want a full head application, does it come out well? is it easy? will get a fellow hairdresser to do it, but I havent used Loreal Pl. before. Is it really as preserving as it says?
Loads of qu's !!
Thanks!!

J Xx

i have used platinium before, but not a massive amount.

i would just be very concerned. you should try a strand test first to see how it holds up. esp if you have a build up with a semi colour (im assuming you mean a quasi permanent) and base 4 could be quite tough to shift.

test pieces all the way!!

84 views 1 answer?! Come on! Lol
Advice please girlies!
J Xx:D

hi, if your going for a full head would u not be inclined to use a colour stripper 1st, i use the affinage eraser and you can actually give you hair 3 applications with this, i have only ever used this twice in 1 go (if u get me) and that is from a base 3. and it came out really well. i then used blonde me bleach by schwarzkopf with there 6% developer and then used there ice creme toner. it came out really well. i did reccomend to my client that there hair will feel quite dry after which is to be expected any way doing these sort of treatments but i reccomended conditioning treatments ect and regular trims and her hair is in fairly good condition.

Sorry to drag on i just wanted to explain how it came out,
Hope this helps
Let me know how u get on
XxX:D

Just want to share my experience with Blondeme. I love the colour you get from it, but it really hurt my scalp when I used it, and then on a client too. Justmy experience. xx

oooh iv not had it on my scalp so i cant comment but touch wood iv not had any problems with clients, cos i always say with it being bleach if it irritates, itches burns ect i need to wash it off straight away and like i said not had any problems. but i will def keep my eyes open regarding that!
Thanks for the Advice Kimmi XxX

Thanks girls!

When I was training, we used Affinage, including the Eraser.
I'm pretty sure the instructions said to not use the Eraser on SemiPermanent colour >_<
My tutor told me that it can make the SemiPerm actually Permanent :eek:

I would just do a few strand tests and see how it holds up.
Otherwise, couldn't you do a weak bleach bath, to remove some of the colour build up?

Just want to share my experience with Blondeme. I love the colour you get from it, but it really hurt my scalp when I used it, and then on a client too. Justmy experience. xx

I have used this on my scalp once before. It did sting lol quite a bit. avoided using ever since. but then i am a wimp! hehehe

I also used this on a client and myself(just fringe) and it does burn no blisters or lasting damage but not nice which has lead me here just cant seem to start a new thread anyway my client had to use my old salon as I wasnt free and they used blondys gel on her hair which I used to use it comes out a great colour but I cant seem to get my hands on it I find with all paste/powder bleach it stings like hell and damages hair... but blonde me does give a great colour we actually were trained in this when product was launched..

Personally I wouldn't like to predict the outcome of attempting to bleach level 4 to blonde. Whatever bleach you use,(I am not convinced re- platinium) on fine, coloured hair, I think the roots would be white and ends orange. I would use effasor or similar first. Also agree with Kim that test pieces first are a good idea.

Latest posts

Back