All systems UV lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purple Rose

Reaction score
Hi folks, I just wondered if there was a UV lamp that could be used for all systems. I use Bio Sculpture, Brisa, NSI and shortly OPI. I have a few different lamps and am looking to purchase a brand new one that could cure all these different gels. Also I'm looking at the Shellac system so did wonder if the new CND 5 finger lamp could cure all of these. I know it all depends on the wattage and know that a higher lamp can cure Bio but wondered if there could be one for all.

To answer a question with another question LOL.

Rather than trying to find a lamp which sorts out all of your different products, could you find a company with products which tick all of your boxes.

For example you use Bio sculpture, Brisa, NSI and OPI (soon) and maybe Shellac too - you will have two products which cure in the CND Lamp - Brisa and Shellac. What do you get from the other products that you dont get from Brisa and Shellac.

Devils advocate here LOL.

You are so right Fiona. I used to be a product junkie till I made my choice with a company thst has it all and in fact the best of it all. I do not think there is anyone on the planet that could dispute that I made a critically correct decision.

That is a good point. I've been using Bio for years and do love the product range, and I suppose I'm always looking for better. I am looking at others to maybe replace Bio. In the meantime I have lots to use up, and wondered if there'd be a lamp that would be good for it all. I love the look of Shellac and am having a trial done by one of the lovely geeks on here.

Hi

I have been using bio for a few years and am looking at Brisa to but would like to know if I could use the same lamp!! Answers on a postcard :)

Hi! sorry to bump in..

I've been using Bio for 5 years now, after trying tips and acrylic, L&P (cnd) and finally Brisa, wich none worked for me. from the researches I've made on the net, the Brisa lamp can cure Brisa, Shellac AND Bio (the US Bio website states that any lamp with at least 2 Philips or Osram 9W bulbls will cure the gel). so I guess the new CND lamp will too...

I didn't try the other brands you are talking about, and haven't done any research on them.

HTH!

Jen

p.s.: Iam interested in Shellac too but can't seem to justify havint it, since I can do pretty much all the same with Bio.. any thoughts? thx! :?:

Moquin, if you are interested in Shellac, I think a good idea would be to find a fellow nail tech who already uses it, and give it a try. This way you don't have to spend any money and you still see the product. Then, you will spend some money to buy it, because I am sure you will love it!

Unfortunately, nobody offers Shellac in my town/region/county... the closest would be 200km!!! and honnestly I'm afraid to put money on something that I'm not sure I will like..

but I was wandering.. is there any section on this website where I could find somebody willing to trade some Brisa for Shellac? I have Brisa bond, clear and soft white building gels in small pots, that I would like to trade for base and top coat plus one color (any). products have been used twice on and by me, bought at a certified supplier in Quebec. Thx for any advice!

Do you think my bio lamp will cure Brisa gel then?

not sure about that...

if you are planning on buying a new lamp, I would go with the new CND lamp for Brisa, Shellac and Bio.. for the other products, I have no idea sorry!

If you do a search on here there are loads of threads about UV lamps, and links to Doug Shoons article detailing why you need the lamp to go with your product (NOTHING to do with wattage), sorry to repeat it girls but I think the issue should be pretty clear now....

Very simply put, there is no such thing as "all systems uv lamp".

There are ample threads on this site regarding that very subject and why you must either A) pick a single system and stick with it or B) have multiple lamps IF you wish for guaranteed success and no issues with your chosen insurance company if you goof and cause overexposure to your client who has uncured gel.

Get the wrong lamp and you're taking a lot of risks.

As suggested, read Doug Schoon's article and learn the in's and out's of UV Lamps.

Also as suggested, make a choice and try not to use too many different systems. Find "the" one that meets your needs. It's out there, you just have to find it.

hth's

Do you think my bio lamp will cure Brisa gel then?

No, but a Brisa lamp will cure Bio.

I am big user of Bio, Brisa and Shellac, and wouldn't be without any of them. More of less all of my Bio clients have tried Shellac now and without fail, every single one has gone back to Bio....Shellac simply isn't tough enough for them.

However, 99% of my polish clients are LOVING Shellac (only exceptions are nurses who, here need to remove their polish before the next shift starts), and a fair few more have come through the door to try it, as it really spreads word fast!!

And whilst I can do the most beautiful set of natural, flexible sculpts with Bio, in colour french or clear, I always use Brisa if I need to tip a client, or I need a particularly strong gel for a real nibbler!

Hi Jen

Do you ever use tips or sculpt with bio? If so, do you find that they last well? The reason I am looking at doing a Brisa conversion course is because I have turned down clients because they wanted extensions and I didn't feel that I would be offering good value for money using bio as its not strong enough.

Hi Jen

Do you ever use tips or sculpt with bio? If so, do you find that they last well? The reason I am looking at doing a Brisa conversion course is because I have turned down clients because they wanted extensions and I didn't feel that I would be offering good value for money using bio as its not strong enough.

Selby1975, we have a Bio Scukpture user group here where we go through many questions like this, and have helped loads of people solve issues like this. I use Bio Sculpture for sculpting all the time, with rarely any problems at all.

I shall send you an invite, if you aren't already a member.

Latest posts

Back