All your PopIts questions answered here!! The OFFICIAL thread for PopIts Q & A's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the popits! I love how they look and i love the quickness but the problem i am having is the smile line, i get it perfect and apply the pink as soon as i put it on the nail when i am pressing down the smile line moves and goes squiggly! I have tried letting it cure a bit before i put the pink on and that hasn't helped i just don't know how to solve this. Can anyone help? :/ Tia

I love the popits! I love how they look and i love the quickness but the problem i am having is the smile line, i get it perfect and apply the pink as soon as i put it on the nail when i am pressing down the smile line moves and goes squiggly! I have tried letting it cure a bit before i put the pink on and that hasn't helped i just don't know how to solve this. Can anyone help? :/ Tia

I have never had that happen ... sounds like you are using way too much pink and it is pushing the white out of shape. You do not have to use much product at all ... you dont want to be using so much you are squeezing it all down to the end when you press it.

Hey guys :) only heard of pop it's today would you believe??!! :O I was just wondering if there was any course to do so you could train other people in the art of nail pop it's?? I'm a qualified beautician and have to head home to Ireland at end of Jan and just looking for different ventures to do when I get home and I was hoping to be a qualified trainer for eyelash extensions, nails and spray ran
Any help welcomed!! :) don't know where to start the training to be a trainer over here in Oz!! :)

Can you use hard gel in popits and if you can is it ok to freeze cure the white so it doesnt run? Xx

Can you use hard gel in popits and if you can is it ok to freeze cure the white so it doesnt run? Xx

It is a tricky business using PopIts for gel. You need clips to hold the PopIt in place and then you need to cure for 2 minutes and then remove the PopIt and cure again for a full 2 minutes to ensure a full cure. Easier by hand in my opinion.

Hi, new to the forum and the site
Friend introduced me to popits and I love them
Tho wondering
Can you use gel or only acrylic

PS. Missed first time round, the comments and questions above
So gel is out
Is there any other 'formula' that could be used instead of acrylic

Last edited:
Hi, new to the forum and the site
Friend introduced me to popits and I love them
Tho wondering
Can you use gel or only acrylic

PS. Missed first time round, the comments and questions above
So gel is out
Is there any other 'formula' that could be used instead of acrylic
Gel can be used with PopIts .. I'm sure I have posted a tutorial on it here in the articles and tutorials section. You need to use a clip to hold the form in place while curing And you need to cure more than once.

Gel can be used with PopIts .. I'm sure I have posted a tutorial on it here in the articles and tutorials section. You need to use a clip to hold the form in place while curing And you need to cure more than once.

Thank you
Will look it up tomorrow
G'nite for now x

I've just brought some of these Popit forms to play with as I have trouble applying Tips, I know I need to practice more with them as well as these forms, my question is has anyone tried these poppits with Gels as I haven't done acrylic training, I personky don't like acrylics after having nails badly damaged, though I amp landing to train in them though in the new year. Sorry went of track there, has anyone tried Gels with them? & how would I go about doing a set with gels, I have a training hand to use for practice on?

Take a look at the post right above yours!

Just did my first ever set of popits.......... OMG I love them!!!!! NSI Fire Engine Red.
No air bubbles ( thankfully, was scared of that bit ) no cuticle over run.

POPITS, the new love of my life :Love::Love:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1385200320.619582.jpg

Hello,
I have read through this whole post and picked uploads of great tips. What I would like to know is, would popits work on a nail biter with a very small nail plate?

I have used them in nail biters. Just keep the length down, make sure your prep is spot in and it should be fine xx

Just wondering if the popits work with soak of gel builder or will it be better with hard gels

Just wondering if the popits work with soak of gel builder or will it be better with hard gels
They do not work well with any soak off gels and they don't work really well with hard gels either ... Much quicker to do by hand.

Latest posts

Back